What is a sackable offence for a Rangers manager?

You think Murray is in no way in charge of the finances at the club and is in no way to blame if they are not sound? :confused:

yeah im confused too. You give smith credit for generating so much income, only to piss it all up against a wall and then blame murray.

Ive given plenty of reasons why i blame smith for this latest fiasco, so let me hear why this is is murrays fault.

yeah im confused too. You give smith credit for generating so much income, only to piss it all up against a wall and then blame murray.

I didn't just credit Smith. I have fully admitted he's made mistakes. I'm not saying he hasn't.

Ive given plenty of reasons why i blame smith for this latest fiasco, so let me hear why this is is murrays fault.

In the Advocaat era it's widely accepted that Murray took the blame for sanctioning reckless spending. Whilst the manager shares that blame, surely that applies here too? As I say, shared blame.

Paying Bain, an incompetent, wages of �£500k.

Paying Hutton a reported �£1mil from his transfer fee to push him out the door.

Spending no doubt a fortune on media house for PR and then not effectively using their services. More wasted money.

Just a couple of examples of where murray is fucking up the finances.

The real reason we came to a standstill in 1998 was because over the space of seven years Walter Smith had been unable to replace the key players that Souness had left him. Fact.

The side that Souness left behind was hardly brimming with young talent. FACT.

Unable to replace key players?

Keeper - Andy Goram

Defenders - Craig Moore, Steven Pressley, Lorenzo Amoruso, Sergio Porrini, David Robertson, Alan McLaren

Midfielders - Stuart McCall, Brian Laudrup, Rino Gatusso, Paul Gascoigne, Jorg Albertz, Alexei Mikhailichenko, Barry Ferguson

Forwards - Gordon Durie, Duncan Ferguson, Peter van Vossen, Sebasti�¡n Rozental, Marco Negri

That's just some of the players he brought in. Were none of them good enough?

The irony is that in season 97/98, looking at the squad for that season I would argue that's one of the best Rangers sides ever.

Walter gets the chance to turn things round PLG didn't. Funny enough many Aberdeen fans were shouting for Calderwoods head a few months ago but he was also given the chance to turn things round. PSG gave PLG the chance to turn things round and he seems to be doing quite well.

PLG tried to change the whole structure of the club for the better,a thing that takes time but unfortunately short term minded people as SDM and yourself only saw the point of their noses.

PLG was 17pts behind and out of the league cup at exactly this stage of the season and going absolutely nowhere except perhaps 3 place again. He was absolutely useless at Rangers - something just didn't translate for him.

Walter has never been close to that position and in fact hit the ground running. When he's 17 points behind in January and losing to first division team, I'll be baying for his blood.

You may think I'm short sighted but you've just shown you are totally blind.

So tell which bit is murrays fault.

Murray IS at fault no matter how you try to paint Smith as the sole contributor to our financial failings.

Smith bought unwisely - absolutely you are right. However, who ALLOWED him to spend that money ?

If you think that Walter Smith is the main reason we are in the financial mire because of his transfer/financial dealings then that is naive IMO. Walter Smith is a FOOTBALL CLUB MANAGER, not a financial expert.

And if David Murray is allowing Smith to do whatever he likes financially then SDM should be hanging his head in shame. The finances of our club should be forecast and budgeted and we should be living within those boundaries. If we aren't the only person out of SDM, Bain & Smith that is close to guiltless would be Smith.

Smith is responsible for running the football side of things. The business and financial side is the respnsibility of SDM & Bain and the CFO (do we even have a CFO ? If we do then he/she is inconspicuous by their absence and also should probably be dusting off the CV).

Smith is not blameless for our financial troubles but he is NOT the main contributor. If we dont have the money then SDM & Bain should be telling Smith "ohhh, you want Lafferty for 3 million - sorry Wattie, we just dont have the money".

But one who takes Faye on loan does ??? Strange. Sebo was shite but Faye was WORSE.

It was wee joke because I couldn't be bothered to get into the whole PLg debate again.

Fucking terrible Rangers manager who we were lucky to get shot of as quickly as we did. Why people still pine for such an incompetent (at Rangers) is baffling and I couldn't be bothered with a massive rant about why he was shit.

It was wee joke because I couldn't be bothered to get into the whole PLg debate again.

Fucking terrible Rangers manager who we were lucky to get shot of as quickly as we did. Why people still pine for such an incompetent (at Rangers) is baffling and I couldn't be bothered with a massive rant about why he was shit.

Mine was a joke too man, no worries

You may indeed be right about PLG but he was here for such a short space of time that we will never know whether he would have been good OR vbad for Rangers long-term.

We only need to look at Alex Ferguson for a good example of how someone can turn things around - and look at the legacy he will leave behind at Man U - thanks to his superiors sticking with him even through the hard times.

Who is to say that PLG wouldn't have produced a ton of talent from Murray Park and had a helping hand in improving our financial status.

I dont want to get into a PLG debate either though.

Craig ive said before on this site more than once that Murray has far too much faith in his managers were money is concerned, its cost us very dear over the last ten years. Flo is the most obvious example to highlight this point.

Smith though has brought in so much dross in his second tenure its unvbelievable. We now have a squad of run of the mill average players that nobody wants. It is also beggars belief that he now complains that his squad is too big when he was the one who brought them in in the first place.

As far as the Uefa cup is concerned we have to admit that we rode our luck. Yes Smith got us there but as a supporter given the manner in which we got there i dont feel as if we played in a European cup final. And for smith to say that he played for a draw is unforgivable. Two hundred thousand fans payed homage to the club that day and our manager pissed right down their necks.

Some may say that walter was playing to the players limitations with his negative tactics but i think it was the players who were playing to walters limitations.

im afraid our manager just isnt good enough for the job in task as much as others feel our chairman isnt up to it either, but i know which one we need to get rid of first mate. and i wont be wasting anymore of my money at Ibrox untill hes gone.

good constructive reply to my question though, others struggled to come up with one.

Craig ive said before on this site more than once that Murray has far too much faith in his managers were money is concerned, its cost us very dear over the last ten years. Flo is the most obvious example to highlight this point.

Smith though has brought in so much dross in his second tenure its unvbelievable. We now have a squad of run of the mill average players that nobody wants. It is also beggars belief that he now complains that his squad is too big when he was the one who brought them in in the first place.

As far as the Uefa cup is concerned we have to admit that we rode our luck. Yes Smith got us there but as a supporter given the manner in which we got there i dont feel as if we played in a European cup final. And for smith to say that he played for a draw is unforgivable. Two hundred thousand fans payed homage to the club that day and our manager pissed right down their necks.

Some may say that walter was playing to the players limitations with his negative tactics but i think it was the players who were playing to walters limitations.

im afraid our manager just isnt good enough for the job in task as much as others feel our chairman isnt up to it either, but i know which one we need to get rid of first mate. and i wont be wasting anymore of my money at Ibrox untill hes gone.

good constructive reply to my question though, others struggled to come up with one.

No worries my man. If anyone feels Smith has been wise in the transfer market this past pre-season they are in dreamland. So I definitely agree with you there.

I also agree that SDM has been very faithful to his managers in that he doesnt get involved in who we should be signing etc - but that in itself makes him culpable because if we dont have the money then SDM should be the one saying "this is how much you have to spend"