What is a sackable offence for a Rangers manager?

Reading through some of the opinions here i'm left wondering what colour the sky is in your worlds.

You do not get to niar, a game away from the CL final and the UEFA final by being completely useless.

I'm not saying he is infallable but some respect for our most succesful manager ever please?

A lot of Everton fans despised Walter's style of management as much as many Rangers fans do. Unsurprisingly, when he left Goodison Park, chairmen were hardly lining his driveway asking him to manage their clubs. Had it not been for the complete disarray after Bertie Vogts and the SFA's need to find a "safe pair of hands" (now where else have we heard that), coupled with the fact Walter was desperate to find a way back into football, I doubt if he would ever have been first pick to manage the national team.

Then along came another team in disarray with a similar need to stop the embarrassment of the leadership.

But more than anything else, I would like to know exactly what kind of Rangers supporter thinks Walter Smith could ever stand comparison in the same company as Bill Struth. Utter shite my friend, hang your head in shame.

Bearing this in mind, does everyone agree therefore, that the future looks rosy under the present regime ?

I don't think things are rosy, I'm just saying that Smith's record doesn't justify the sack.

He's now achieved the exact same number of points as Celtic in his second spell which is hardly failure. Eck achieved about 40 odd less.

However I do think things could be better and there's a lot of stuff to be unhappy about.

But I also don't see it outwith the realms of possibility that Walter could turn things around again, win the league and have a decent European run next season as well as challenging for the championship again.

He's not going to take us up a level, but I don't think we have much chance of bringing someone in who can, and even if there is, it could be a huge risk - as PLG has shown.

So is two points behind a sackable offence... ;)

The league position doesnt hide the fact that Walter Smiths incompetence is destroying the club off the park calscot. We raked in close to 40 million through sales of two top players and the fortunate run in Europe last year yet we are on our financial knees.

do you think its all going to blow over and be nice and rosey if we win the league?

we were in a very strong position at the start of the new season as far as the finances are concerned but now were back to square one and as a paying customer thats very difficult to accept give the last six years we have had endure.

I don't think things are rosy, I'm just saying that Smith's record doesn't justify the sack.

He's now achieved the exact same number of points as Celtic in his second spell which is hardly failure. Eck achieved about 40 odd less.

However I do think things could be better and there's a lot of stuff to be unhappy about.

But I also don't see it outwith the realms of possibility that Walter could turn things around again, win the league and have a decent European run next season as well as challenging for the championship again.

He's not going to take us up a level, but I don't think we have much chance of bringing someone in who can, and even if there is, it could be a huge risk - as PLG has shown.

Walter gets the chance to turn things round PLG didn't. Funny enough many Aberdeen fans were shouting for Calderwoods head a few months ago but he was also given the chance to turn things round. PSG gave PLG the chance to turn things round and he seems to be doing quite well.

PLG tried to change the whole structure of the club for the better,a thing that takes time but unfortunately short term minded people as SDM and yourself only saw the point of their noses.

The league position doesnt hide the fact that Walter Smiths incompetence is destroying the club off the park calscot. We raked in close to 40 million through sales of two top players and the fortunate run in Europe last year yet we are on our financial knees.

do you think its all going to blow over and be nice and rosey if we win the league?

we were in a very strong position at the start of the new season as far as the finances are concerned but now were back to square one and as a paying customer thats very difficult to accept give the last six years we have had endure.

Surely that is more Murray's fault, though Smith is not blameless with some transfer follies.

Surely that is more Murray's fault, though Smith is not blameless with some transfer follies.

It was smith who selected and purchased the players not murray. It was walter smith who picked the side and deployed the tactics that got us beat in the champions lague CLs.

Murray may have his failings but i dont blame him for other peoples mistakes.

Walter gets the chance to turn things round PLG didn't. Funny enough many Aberdeen fans were shouting for Calderwoods head a few months ago but he was also given the chance to turn things round. PSG gave PLG the chance to turn things round and he seems to be doing quite well.

PLG tried to change the whole structure of the club for the better,a thing that takes time but unfortunately short term minded people as SDM and yourself only saw the point of their noses.

Without really wanting to get into this again any man who buys Sebo does not deserve a second chance.