A post that Shroomz will enjoy and will make MF irate. :devil:

I make no apologies for stealing this from FF, I thought it would be a good post to stir debate and bring a bit of optimism to the board after what was a fraught transfer window:

Much has been said about Rangers during the last 4 weeks or so but unless I'm very much mistaken we have came out of this month smelling of roses and in my opinion WE are the ones who have benefitted this month.

At the start of the month we were 7 points behind Celtic, we had just lost an old firm derby at Ibrox and for the world it looked like we'd be 10 points behind before we kicked another ball in anger. We were also being told we had to sell one of our top players to balance the books, all was not well.

Since then though we have gained 5 points in the title race and have the chance to go top of the league, no ifs no buts, should we win our next league game at parkhead, a prospect which looked very unlikely at the start of the month. We have scored 13 goals in the month, conceding only one and IF we had managed to bury one our chances at Pittodrie we'd be top RIGHT NOW.

During the month we've witnessed the return of Steven Naismith, the emergence of John Fleck and we are just about to see Kyle Lafferty and Maurice Edu come back into contention for a regular place in the team. These four should be like having new players for the management team and must be used properly to get the best out of them.

We have also managed to send out Charlie Adam, Alan Gow, Jean-Claude Darcheville, Chris Burke, Giorgios Efrem etc. on permenant and loan deals which makes for a smaller squad with which to work and also reduces unneccessary wages every week.

...but my final plus point is, and I think this is the most important of all, we have managed to keep a hold of our top assets. Allan McGregor, Madjid Bougherra, Pedro Mendes, Kris Boyd now all have to show that they were worth taking a �£3million gamble on and bring us home the SPL title, and if they do that, I may just hold my hands up and say I was wrong.

I know positivity is an alien concept on this board, but everything I have said is FACT, not rumour or spin, it's FACT and I hope the support can now unite and make sure we're behind this team every step along the way to the title, and if this is a �£3million gamble Murray has taken, I hope it pays off and gets the club out of the apparent rut we are/were in.

God Bless The Rangers

Edited by Super_Ally

Only the most twisted would like to see the team fail as a means to an end - everybody wants the same thing.

Personally, I have made up my mind that I want serious change at Rangers. I can't be arsed going into it all again tonight, and fuck knows what Murray has done to get in a position to turn down an offer for Mendes after what he said on 9th January. Ideally we''ll win the league and it'll help the change along!

WATP.

Absolutely correct.

These are the facts whether we like it or not.

We're still in contention and at the moment there is a glimpse of blue sky on the horizon regarding players returning etc.

By the end of the season all will be revealed whether Smith's tactics and Murray's "shrewd financial planning" has borne fruit.

That will be the time for change if necessary.

Meanwhile, we must ALL get behind the Team and cheer them on for the rest of the season.

A post that Shroomz will enjoy and will make MF irate. :devil:

I make no apologies for stealing this from FF, I thought it would be a good post to stir debate and bring a bit of optimism to the board after what was a fraught transfer window:

Aw come on now, what's this irate stuff? When have I ever come across as irate about anything?:)

I will say this though - let's count the winners at the finishing line, not half way through the race. I hope we win this title, we bloody well need to, but there are fundamental issues of leadership and piss-poor management at the club that need to be addressed and which I see no point papering over. If we win the treble I will still feel the same.

Lol, irate was apoor choice of words but you and shroomz appear polar opposites on your views of the club's direction.

As you say, no prizes handed out in January/February and I don't agree with a few of that posters points. However when you consider where we were at on Jan 1st and how we have felt at times throughout the month, there is no doubt we are in a better position now than we were at the beginning of the month.

As had been said a million times already, it's about time we took advantage of one of these opportunities that we are regularly presented with.

Lol, irate was apoor choice of words but you and shroomz appear polar opposites on your views of the club's direction.

As you say, no prizes handed out in January/February and I don't agree with a few of that posters points. However when you consider where we were at on Jan 1st and how we have felt at times throughout the month, there is no doubt we are in a better position now than we were at the beginning of the month.

As had been said a million times already, it's about time we took advantage of one of these opportunities that we are regularly presented with.

Shroomz? Who's Shroomz? Never heard of him.

We definitely need to win this league title and no one will party harder than me if we do. Personally, I think we may do it - not because we are doing much right but because sellick seem to be joining us in la la land.

Fair play to the poster, he is certainly optimistic. But does he really think WS will use those 4 players like new signings and start playing attractive football???

I think this run-in is going to be a bit of a slog with much more twists

It's actually one of the best posts I've read lately.

I don't think the guy is being overly positive and it's refreshing to read something that isn't tinged with negativity. Of course we must add realism and that's fine but we'd be in a much stronger position to invoke change if we win the title.

:)

Does anyone really care right now whether we play "attractive" football? I'm all for boring 1-0 wins if it wins us the league.

The team we've been playing recently is pretty close to what many fans would choose and it's hard to see what we could change for a big improvement.

Just what is the weak part of the team at the moment? The midfield seems to be taking the flak but simultaneously gaining praise for Fleck. That suggests to me that Davis, Mendes and Ferguson are the ones not performing. As they are three of the most highly regarded players, could it be that they are just having a dip in form? Or is it that Barry is passed it and with his captain's role, that he's bringing the midfield down a level?