Boyd seeking rare Old Firm chance

Guest Jum Spence

Boyd's record against Celtic isn't actually that bad is it.

1 goal in 4 starts and a sub appearance. However he had one wrongly ruled out for offside a while back. That would be a record of about 1 in 2.

Whislt not as high as his usual scoring exploits it's stands to reason that there are less chances against better opposition and hence less goals. A strike rate of 1 in 2 is generally considered a decent record for an international class striker.

He is the form striker too, only forward to score in the last 2 games; AC Milan and Hamilton. :devil:

People were quick to call Lafferty the form striker when Boyd had one bad game and Kyle scored against United!!!

Boyd's record against Celtic isn't actually that bad is it.

1 goal in 4 starts and a sub appearance. However he had one wrongly ruled out for offside a while back. That would be a record of about 1 in 2.

Whislt not as high as his usual scoring exploits it's stands to reason that there are less chances against better opposition and hence less goals. A strike rate of 1 in 2 is generally considered a decent record for an international class striker.

He is the form striker too, only forward to score in the last 2 games; AC Milan and Hamilton. :devil:

People were quick to call Lafferty the form striker when Boyd had one bad game and Kyle scored against United!!!

hmmmm, but by using that same anaology the appropriate striker to play would be Miller who has played twice against Celtic in his 2nd stint and has scored twice, so a 100% strike rate.

Shall I call WS to let him know your good news that Kenny Miller should be the preferred starter ? :devil:

hmmmm, but by using that same anaology the appropriate striker to play would be Miller who has played twice against Celtic in his 2nd stint and has scored twice, so a 100% strike rate.

Shall I call WS to let him know your good news that Kenny Miller should be the preferred starter ? :devil:

2 separate points.

1. His OF record.

2. Recent form.

Though I guess the smilie shows you know my second point was a wee joke. :D

Of course he gets my backing if WS gives him the nod. But would i pick him to start in this game - no.

But agree with his comment:

We don't need to be scared of anything and I think the only thing in our minds will be getting a victory

WS doesnt seem to share this opinion though.

I'm glad I'm going to be watching this game with my son, cos I have a kids play park right outside front of my house, and the last game all the kids stopped playing and froze cos I was jumping about screaming :D

With Jack their I'll try and show a little constraint...