KENNY MILLER is a shock transfer target for newly-crowned Russian champs Rubin Kazan.

SunSport can reveal the Rangers striker is being tracked by the club set to make their Champions League debut next season.

Now Kazan boss Gurban Berdiyew could swoop for the 29-year-old before the Russian transfer window shuts on March 1.

They head a posse of Russian clubs, which also includes Spartak and Lokomotiv Moscow.

They are willing to offer �£2million for Miller, who has 18 months left on his deal.

Kazan stunned Russia as they swept to a historic first title. Their only real star is Ukrainian legend Serhiy Rebrov and Berdiyew wants to boost his squad before their new season begins on March 14.

Ex-Celtic target Stephen Appiah is set to sign for Kazan on Monday after being at their Spanish winter training camp.

Scotland star Miller could soon be set to follow.

Although our transfer window has closed, Miller WOULD be able to join Kazan before March 1.

The club is based in Russia�s Tatarstan Republic and bankrolled by local industry.

Ibrox bosses are still keen to offload a high-earner after banks ordered them to tighten their belts.

Gers boss Walter Smith is a huge Miller fan but his hands would be tied if a Russian bid was tabled.

It�s understood Miller wouldn�t be put off by the prospect of moving east and would listen to any offer.

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/article2237068.ece

Too funny, as soon as I saw the headline I fully expected MF to be all over this. By the time this thread is done MF will have doubled his post count.

In all honesty though, 2 mill for Miller ?? Bite their hand off. As has been said so many times, he is a poor man's Nacho Novo.

Can still do a job for us but when cash is king, let Novo loose who does the same channel running but is more direct, more of a goalscoring threat and whose wages will be a fraction.

SELL HIM !!

Dunno about doubling the post count but I do know that only a mother could love this disappointing son - and then only when wearing a blindfold. Only an idiot would waste �£2m on Kenny Miller and I strongly suspect the only idiot in sight is Walter Smith. If I were a betting man I'd say Rangers and their overdraft are stuck with him.

MillerrenderFX.png

Too funny, as soon as I saw the headline I fully expected MF to be all over this. By the time this thread is done MF will have doubled his post count.

In all honesty though, 2 mill for Miller ?? Bite their hand off. As has been said so many times, he is a poor man's Nacho Novo.

Can still do a job for us but when cash is king, let Novo loose who does the same channel running but is more direct, more of a goalscoring threat and whose wages will be a fraction.

SELL HIM !!

Sell for the reasons above ^^^^^^.

I get slated for not rating boyd and get called anti Boyd yet the abuse Miller gets is way above what i say about Boyd. At least I stick to the football side of things.

And Im not saying I rate Miller highly, i think he is going through a bad patch at the moment but he isnt overall useless.