Smith questions ref penalty call

Guest Jum Spence

If a penalty kick was awarded to us, the whole of porkheid would have ended up on the field of play, yet again tackles were overlooked by the ref from certain celtic players and JVOH and brown to mention... still the destiny of the title is in our own hands and nows the time to really up the anti... lets go rangers :rfc:

If a penalty kick was awarded to us, the whole of porkheid would have ended up on the field of play, yet again tackles were overlooked by the ref from certain celtic players and JVOH and brown to mention... still the destiny of the title is in our own hands and nows the time to really up the anti... lets go rangers :rfc:

Spot on mate.

The officials are frightened of reprisals ala Hugh Dallas. Simple.

I think that if the game was at Ibrox and Weir tackled (was going to say McDonlad but you only need to look at him and he'll drop) Samaras after Samaras has shot at goal the referee wouldn't have given the decision to Celtic.

I agree with them all with the exception of the penalty decision. The majority of referees wouldn't have given the penalty in the situation.

Just shows you the quality of Refs we have then.

A late tackle like that is a foul and when made in the box it should be a penalty. Any Ref worth his salt has to make the correct call and in this case he bottled it.

Thought the ref was woeful yesterday.

I think that if the game was at Ibrox and Weir tackled (was going to say McDonlad but you only need to look at him and he'll drop) Samaras after Samaras has shot at goal the referee wouldn't have given the decision to Celtic.

I wouldn't be so sure but, one thing is for certain, two wrongs don't make a right.

We're not asking for double-standards; just the correct decision to be made. The correct decision was a penalty.

The referee bottled out of several decisions.

Brown should have been booked in the first 5-10mins for a disgraceful challenge on Davis but wasn't.

JVoH made 5 fouls in the first half but was only booked for falling on our goalie - Weir disgracefully booked at the same time. Vennegoor then made 2 or 3 more fouls after this incident and still wasn't sent off.

We should have had the penalty above.

The referee gave Celtic a corner when everyone else in the ground knew it was a goal kick.

Naismith booked for being pulled aggressively to the ground by the afore-mentioned Brown.

I'm sure there are more.

And those are just the ones we remember.

Every single one of the above was very frustrating. But the JVoH booking was annoying because Weir was made to walk a tightrope along with JVoH and he hadn't made one foul at the time. Weir also really just got JVoH off McGregor and, it has to be said, JVoH stayed on top of McGregor for a little too long.

JVoH should have been booked long before that tussle with McGregor. And that incident would have meant him being ordered off.

The Naismith booking was incredible. Blatantly pulled to the ground and yet also got booked along with Brown. Crazy.

The "corner" was laughable. Samaras looked like he was going to just get back in position and looked like he couldnt believe he got a corner from it. That also cost BF a booking and these could hurt us later in the season.

Brown, JVoH and McManus could all have walked yesterday. The ref bottled it big time.

Ohhhh, and Nakamura could easily have been booked for simulation too. I feared he would score at then end from that FK - you know, the one where he threw himself to the ground looking for the FK.

I have not seen the dog-eaters dive on tv. He conned me as well as from my seat I though wee Naisy dived in and fouled him.

If it is such a blatant dive, how can the ref and his boss both come out and say they got every major decision right? That is certainly a major decision as it provided them with their 2nd best chance of the game, and their only shot on target that I can remember.