"Walter Smith admits supporters had every right to vent their fury after watching Rangers knocked off top spot in the Clydesdale Bank Premier League.

A last-minute penalty converted by Ian Black saw Inverness claim a shock win at Ibrox to move off the bottom of the table, while Celtic returned to the summit with a victory at Kilmarnock.

Fans grew increasingly frustrated throughout the game and the Rangers players left the pitch to jeers at the end after allowing their arch-rivals to move into pole position once again.

Smith said: "Sometimes it's hard to play here, sometimes the crowd are hard to please.

"But, when you are going for a championship and play the way we played in the first half, the crowd have a right to express their displeasure."

----------------------

"Sometimes the crowd are hard to please" says it all for me, we were playing the bottom of the league trying to stay on top of the SPL going for our first title in 4 years ffs, doesn't our manager have any standards :confused:

"Walter Smith admits supporters had every right to vent their fury after watching Rangers knocked off top spot in the Clydesdale Bank Premier League.

A last-minute penalty converted by Ian Black saw Inverness claim a shock win at Ibrox to move off the bottom of the table, while Celtic returned to the summit with a victory at Kilmarnock.

Fans grew increasingly frustrated throughout the game and the Rangers players left the pitch to jeers at the end after allowing their arch-rivals to move into pole position once again.

Smith said: "Sometimes it's hard to play here, sometimes the crowd are hard to please.

"But, when you are going for a championship and play the way we played in the first half, the crowd have a right to express their displeasure."

----------------------

"Sometimes the crowd are hard to please" says it all for me, we were playing the bottom of the league trying to stay on top of the SPL going for our first title in 4 years ffs, doesn't our manager have any standards :confused:

In other words, it's the supporters' fault. If only those pesky fans would get off our backs everything would have been OK. Hmmmm, what an absolute arsehole of a manager. It's clear now that he's finished, washed up, spent, a loser.

I don't think anyone likes to hear booing but in the absence of genuine supporters' representation, how else are the fans to get their points across?

Last night's performance was unacceptable so fans being upset was inevitable. I'd rather the players and manager assumed responsibility for that performance and channelled it into a renewed attempt to win this league.

Unfortunately without confidence, character nor belief in their own ability the chances of that are minimal.

Does he think the second half performance was OK? :confused::throwpc:

Does he think the second half performance was OK? :confused::throwpc:

he said this also

"I didn't think we played that well in the second but at least we showed an intensity that was missing in the first half of the game."

and also

"We never played well in the first half but came into it in the second and had a lot of possesstion without really testing the Caley Keepers."

:confused::(

In other words, it's the supporters' fault. If only those pesky fans would get off our backs everything would have been OK. Hmmmm, what an absolute arsehole of a manager. It's clear now that he's finished, washed up, spent, a loser.

I don't think you've understood a single word he's said. Read it again and maybe listen to what he say's instead of what you want to hear.

Unbelievable post.

I don't think you've understood a single word he's said. Read it again and maybe listen to what he say's instead of what you want to hear.

Unbelievable post.

I think he understands it perfectly. Rather than state in clear terms that the majority of players weren't fit to wear the shirt last night, Walter instead feeds us another feeble line about how hard we are to please and how it's hard to play at Ibrox, whatever that means.

I'm beginning to think it's you that has lost all grip on reality, along with the man you so desperately try to defend.

The fans only booed after the game.

It's not as if they do it during it. Sure, you may hear our frustration at times but that's only natural. You'll also hear our support during games as that's natural.

Is Smith suggesting they'd rather player away from home? If so, how does that explain our poor results in those games in recent years?

Deflect indeed.

I think he understands it perfectly. Rather than state in clear terms that the majority of players weren't fit to wear the shirt last night, Walter instead feeds us another feeble line about how hard we are to please and how it's hard to play at Ibrox, whatever that means.

He didn't say that in the slightest. Another who needs to read what's written instead of making it up the way they want it.

He said while sometimes the Ibrox crowd is hard to please (which is pretty evident sometimes), THIS TIME the team deserved to be booed.

Back to 1st year English interpretation for you...

I'm beginning to think it's you that has lost all grip on reality,

MY grib on reality? You can't even assimilate the most simple of quotes.

along with the man you so desperately try to defend.

No, I'm not desperate to defend, I just hate it when people have a single minded agenda and twist absolutely EVERYTHING to suit it.

I'm a Rangers supporter so when people talk absolute rubbish to have kick after kick at my club, I take offence. It used to be only the Tims I had to deal with this kind of propaganda but how times have changed.

Rangers have many problems right now but the stench of the Tim-like anti-Rangers agenda is nausiating.