Good piece Gribz :eek:

Surely Walter and his sidekicks must see the football is not good to watch and has certainly not had the same effect as last season where we at least got commitment from virtually every player. The money he has wasted this season alone is criminal especially as we are broke. Unless he moves on our style won't change and what's to say the players commitment will under him again? We are going back to where we started before he came.....:(

We are going further back than where we started. PLG had at least a long term game plan. PLG spent a fraction of the money on the players he brought in and at least Sebo got a game. Velicka ? Smith has no long term game plan and his short term one doesn't seem to be working very well either.

And does that mean we will have Ally as manager then? Much as I love him, that thought fills me with horror. Which brings me back to who could we get, who is available and who would take the job? My favourite would be Martinez from Swansea (someone, sorry can't remember who first suggested him). Other than that, Billy Davis.:(

The problem with Martinez or Matteo, is that they unlikley to know anything about the Scottish game, despite what Pete writes PLG was clueless when he came here and wasn't prepared. We would need to avoid that scenario again.

A Scottish assistant perhaps?

The problem with Martinez or Matteo, is that they unlikley to know anything about the Scottish game, despite what Pete writes PLG was clueless when he came here and wasn't prepared. We would need to avoid that scenario again.

A Scottish assistant perhaps?

Yep, the problem with Le Guen was he brought with him a French assistant, doctor and fitness coach, all to what is a very unique football environment we have here in Scotland.

We are going further back than where we started. PLG had at least a long term game plan. PLG spent a fraction of the money on the players he brought in and at least Sebo got a game. Velicka ? Smith has no long term game plan and his short term one doesn't seem to be working very well either.

I didn't see any sign of a long term game plan with PLG, and I don't recall Sebo starting that many games either.

Velicka just looks crap and doesn't warrant a start.

If I'm honest, I see almost nothing to salvage from the current mess. Comparing Smith with someone else who was also unsuccessful doesn't really help. Comparing anyone with Sebo leads us nowhere except madness.

The fact is that Smith has been here over two years now and with the exception of his first few months, I see no improvement whatsoever. In fact it's worse than that, we're now heading backwards and an alarming speed and Smith appears to be so one-dimensional in his thinking that he will never be the one to do anything about it.

Now or later, he has to go. The longer he stays the more entrenched will be his legacy and the harder it will be to climb out of it.

We've got to start learning from past experience that when a manager stops being effective, it only get worse the longer you persist with him. Get him the fuck out of Rangers now because no amount of sentimental loyalty will help the club.

I didn't see any sign of a long term game plan with PLG, and I don't recall Sebo starting that many games either.

Velicka just looks crap and doesn't warrant a start.

at least velicka has proven he can score in the SPL but he is just a target man and you would need to put in decent crosses for him which we obviously can't for some reason :(

do you mean he's crap in general or just for us?

IMO he's not had a fair chance when you think the others have in his position.

even sebo got more first team action than him!!

at least velicka has proven he can score in the SPL but he is just a target man and you would need to put in decent crosses for him which we obviously can't for some reason :(

do you mean he's crap in general or just for us?

IMO he's not had a fair chance when you think the others have in his position.

even sebo got more first team action than him!!

He looks crap for us.

I'd also argue that lafferty hasn't had a fair chance with us in his correct position. Hasn't started 3 games in a row upfront, i don't believe. Based on his form Velicka is down the pecking order.

He looks crap for us.

I'd also argue that lafferty hasn't had a fair chance with us in his correct position. Hasn't started 3 games in a row upfront, i don't believe. Based on his form Velicka is down the pecking order.

is this for the reserves as he's not exactly had much first team action to say that IMO :confused: