Herald: Former Conservative Leader Sees Through Sectarianism Sham

Michael Foot was the biggest Tory vote winner ever. I had voted Labour up to Michael Foot becoming Labour Leader, never in a million years could I have voted for Foot.

Michael Foot and The Falklands War is the reason Thatcher was Prime Minister for so long.

The events of March to June 1982 in the south Atlantic are officially known as, 'The Falklands Conflict'.

War was never declared on either side, the Argentine military Junta were jackboot fascists to a man and were not signataries to the Articles of War or the Geneva Convention.

I agree, victory in the Falklands Conflict preserved Thatcher's tenure at Number 10. Knot fell on his sword after the Conflict, but the Cabinet's decision to remove the icebreaker, HMS Endurance in a cost cutting exercise, sent out all the wrong messages. Thatcher took the glory but was remiss in her responsibilities in the months leading to March'82.

The events of March to June 1982 in the south Atlantic are officially known as, 'The Falklands Conflict'.

War was never declared on either side, the Argentine military Junta were jackboot fascists to a man and were not signataries to the Articles of War or the Geneva Convention.

I agree, victory in the Falklands Conflict preserved Thatcher's tenure at Number 10. Knot fell on his sword after the Conflict, but the Cabinet's decision to remove the icebreaker, HMS Endurance in a cost cutting exercise, sent out all the wrong messages. Thatcher took the glory but was remiss in her responsibilities in the months leading to March'82.

War/Conflict, it certainly raised Thatchers popularity, the lowest figures ever recorded for a serving prime minister.

Foot, another labour politician who was more interested in political dogma, than labour voters.

So you are hardly making your assessment of which party to vote for with any degree of objectivity, and are basing your potential voting on personal dslikes of someone who is no longer actively involved in politics.

An independent Scotland would be a disaster for the working man, particularly in the current climate.

Yeh the people of Southern Ireland crossing the border for the cheap British pound goods proves that point mate. :rolleyes:

I detest their nationalist agenda, but the SNP have made a better fist of the day-to-day running of the country in 18 months than Joke's Lhabour did in 8 corrupt years. McAskill and Matheson exempt from any praise, naturally - pair of wankers.

As for Westminster, if there has been a more incompetent or corrupt government then New Labour in the lifetime of any Gersnet member I'd like to hear it.

very cutting Norris, I can almost feel the poison oozing from your veins. Brilliantly put!

[ QUOTE]As for Westminster, if there has been a more incompetent or corrupt government then New Labour in the lifetime of any Gersnet member I'd like to hear it.

I just noticed this......I'll just give 2 names...Neil Hamilton and Jonathon Aitken.

:rfc::rfc::rfc: