Herald: Former Conservative Leader Sees Through Sectarianism Sham

Give me the milk snatcher over politically correct nazism any day.

A matter of opinion but i wouldn't piss on MT if she was on fire. I would never vote tory even now because of the legacy of her and John Minor. If i lived in Scotland then the only party i would vote for would be SNP( even 30 years ago) Hitler at least built a lot of the motorways of Europe. Maggie Thatcher done fuck all for the working man.

Tory & Labour are both the same entity despite what they'd have you believe. Blue vs Red is a mind game that we need to overcome. The Tories were shit for the country, Labour were shit for the country, sorry, but please name a government that was 'GOOD' for the country.... oh, no.sorry.... Kingdom.

A matter of opinion but i wouldn't piss on MT if she was on fire. I would never vote tory even now because of the legacy of her and John Minor. If i lived in Scotland then the only party i would vote for would be SNP( even 30 years ago) Hitler at least built a lot of the motorways of Europe. Maggie Thatcher done fuck all for the working man.

So you are hardly making your assessment of which party to vote for with any degree of objectivity, and are basing your potential voting on personal dslikes of someone who is no longer actively involved in politics.

An independent Scotland would be a disaster for the working man, particularly in the current climate.

I put it to you that Attila the Hun would run the economy with greater skill that Michael Foot :)

And he'd sure as hell have better hair.

Michael Foot was the biggest Tory vote winner ever. I had voted Labour up to Michael Foot becoming Labour Leader, never in a million years could I have voted for Foot.

Michael Foot and The Falklands War is the reason Thatcher was Prime Minister for so long.

So you are hardly making your assessment of which party to vote for with any degree of objectivity, and are basing your potential voting on personal dslikes of someone who is no longer actively involved in politics.

An independent Scotland would be a disaster for the working man, particularly in the current climate.

This is an interesting point. What would the attitude be of most bears if the Union was dissolved, I have often wondered. I actually agree with you that an independent Scotland would be disastrous; the SNP are nothing more than Tartan tories. Nevertheless, I wouldn't be surprised to see an independent Scotland in my lifetime. Question is -would it be a genuine state for the working man or another, smaller dog-eat-dog type of system?

And as Sroomz says, there is no difference between New Labour and Tories -both are equally and totally corrupt. No wonder more folk fail to vote.

Just to get back to the original topic if you dont mind me interrupting the political debate for a moment, I was truly stunned to not see a thing about this on Scotland Today or Reporting Scotland last night.

It must have been a really busy news day.

I just thought that with the BBC always at the very forefront of the sectarian news agenda this would have been right up their street. A former Scottish political leader entering the debate that they are always so keen to talk up.

I am sure they just missed it despite it being in the paper and being brought to their attention. Never mind, I am sure they will be back to their neutral best the next time a story appears about sectarianism, and that it will just be a sad coincidence that the story will reflect badly on a Rangers supporter.

Some people just get paranoid you know.

Mate, the lack of coverage of McLetchie's comments in other parts of the media is a disgrace.

But it certainly validates our concerns about the usual suspects and their intentions of course.