i like levein despite his histrionics. he's astute, and he's played no small part in not only turning dundee utd around but in having a vision and taking it forward. they turned a profit. they have a youth policy.

i wouldn't be overly chuffed as i wouldn't imagine him coming in and having the kind of clout you'd need to get the most out of big players, but, i dunno, he's not daft.

We are expecting and wanting someone more exciting than Levin, but it's Bain and Murray who will decide who, if anyone, replaces Smith.....

We should be looking at the likes of Laudrup Brothers or Roberto Martinez.... or even Steve McLaren, doing a great job in Holland at the moment - the next managerial appointment MUST be one that excites the fans, Craig levin doesn't but it does reek of a Murray decision / appointment.

Cammy F

That would be fantastic to get one of them you mentioned but everyone of them would require a massive transfer kitty that we do not have and cant provide , Levein on the other hand wouldnt ask for as much of a kitty as he knows its not there and he is making steps up the managerial ladder so would be ideal for Murray to appoint.

That would be fantastic to get one of them you mentioned but everyone of them would require a massive transfer kitty that we do not have and cant provide , Levein on the other hand wouldnt ask for as much of a kitty as he knows its not there and he is making steps up the managerial ladder so would be ideal for Murray to appoint.

Martinez hasn't spent much at Swansea who were struggling finaciallywhen he took over. He has brought them through the leagues playing woderfull football.

Cammy F

McCoist is the only man who will be taking over

they told us as much in the aftermath of the Kaunas shambles

Hopefully they have rethought that. Murray should never have come out with that statement in the first place.

Nothing against Ally, but we can't be taking a gamble on somebody untried at this stage.

If it's true that Ally has been in charge for cup games, his record is poor anyway.

Needing extra time against Partick Thistle

beating St Johnstone on penalties

Needing a replay against Partick Thistle

Hardly impressive.

Martinez hasn't spent much at Swansea who were struggling finaciallywhen he took over. He has brought them through the leagues playing woderfull football.

Cammy F

Thats a fair point mate , dont know as much about Martinez i must admit and what he has done at Swansea but must be good from what i am hearing.

Unless things go badly wrong in the next couple of months, I'd have thought McCoist was a dead cert for the post.

You mean going wrong like losing to Inverness at home, getting beat in a cup final and being 2-0 up against Hearts and still dropping points? :devil:

I'm afraid you're correct though. McCoist looks a stick-on. :(

Guest adamski
Hopefully they have rethought that. Murray should never have come out with that statement in the first place.

Nothing against Ally, but we can't be taking a gamble on somebody untried at this stage.

If it's true that Ally has been in charge for cup games, his record is poor anyway.

Needing extra time against Partick Thistle

beating St Johnstone on penalties

Needing a replay against Partick Thistle

Hardly impressive.

Until Smith regained control prior to the league cup final, we hadn't lost a domestic cup tie under the new management team