It's has to be a manager who knows the SPL inside out. Qualification for Champions' League with it's revenue is now the main priority.

Apart from Levein, who else is there?

Are our assperations and ambitions so low that we believe that only Craig Levin can lead us to an SPL title - jesus h christ, we are in a worse state than I thought.

Cammy F

The scary thing about these Levein rumours is that they keep appearing.

It is becoming scarily reminiscent of late 2001 when there were loads of rumours of DA being moved upstairs and McLeish being brought in.

Of course I told everyone that was rubbish and there was no way a manager of McLeish's calibre would take over from someone like Advocaat.

And of course I was wrong and the appointment was announced days later, and the major cost-cutting and player fire-sale began as our debt mountain started to decline.

Oh so scarily similar to the position we find ourselves in today.

It's has to be a manager who knows the SPL inside out. Qualification for Champions' League with it's revenue is now the main priority.

Apart from Levein, who else is there?

Bobby Williamson is currently managing Uganda I think. He'd jump at the chance to come back and manage in Scotland. :whistle:

Levein is a snivelling, embittered, classless tool.

Have to agree with that Norris. Personally, I think he's a disgrace to Scottish football. He honestly sounded like he felt like crying in the post match interview yesterday. Gers manager material? You've got to be fooking having a laugh.

Edited by Zappa

That would be fantastic to get one of them you mentioned but everyone of them would require a massive transfer kitty that we do not have and cant provide , Levein on the other hand wouldnt ask for as much of a kitty as he knows its not there and he is making steps up the managerial ladder so would be ideal for Murray to appoint.

McClaren didn't have a massive budget at Twenty and saw their two main midfield players leave before he took over. I know the Twenty players love him and it shows in there play. The press also love him but it is slightly friendlier than in Scotland. I think he would jump at the chance to get a job back in Britain.

Lets stay away from personal insults lads.

I was supportive of seeing Levein taking the post but the more I see of him the more I dislike him. He is as bad at deflecting blame as WS is.

McClaren didn't have a massive budget at Twenty and saw their two main midfield players leave before he took over. I know the Twenty players love him and it shows in there play. The press also love him but it is slightly friendlier than in Scotland. I think he would jump at the chance to get a job back in Britain.

I've heard worse ideas. It would be interesting to know Middlesborough fans' opinions on him. Being an ex-England manager I'd imagine he'd still command a sizeable salary, but Twente can obviously afford him. With respect to Twente, I was a bit surprised he jumped so far down after the England job, even if he did make an arse of it.