Rangers V Motherwell ââ?¬â?? Match Report & Players Ratings

Smith can play either calscot. He played left midfield a few times under Eck and really looked the part.

I was very impressed with this boy against motherwell. given the time he has been out he looked very comfortable on the ball.

dont forget he was a better prospect than Hutton when he first came through and was on the verge of breaking into the Scotland team too.

It will be an absolute travesty in monumental proportions if he is allowed to leave Ibrox this summer.

Thanks for reminding everyone that he was seen as a better prospect than Hutton not that long ago. Let's hope that he gets a fair crack at things now. To think that he was on trial at Cardiff a week or two ago!

Hmmmmmmmmmm, weird! I thought todays performance was average and I personally think that you've been way to generous with your ratings Cammy.

Giving players 8.5 out of ten is a rating you'd give to Arsenal players after a win against an EPL side not to a player who was part of a team who played poorly against a mid table SPL side.

My ratings would be......

Alexander - 6

Dailly - 6 (decent enough but should never have played)

Whittaker - 7 (MOTM for me. Unlucky with his shot that hit the bar)

Boogie - 6 (usual steady performance)

Weir - 5 (his passing is diabolical. Why he is constantly given the ball to punt out the park for a throw in is beyond me.)

Davis - 5 (poor again).

Mendes - 7 (made some tidy passes)

Edu - 6 (average performance.)

Smith - 5 (Had no desire to get forward)

Boyd - 7. Terrific first goal but still needs to learn to control a ball.

Velicka - 5. Scored but done very little else.

Smith was far better than 5, as for getting forward he crossed the ball for the first goal. He would have had a far better game if he didnt have that donkey whittaker behind him (motm my arse!) Whittakers distribution was diabolical. one bad decision after another when it came to passing to his team mates.

Smith was far better than 5, as for getting forward he crossed the ball for the first goal. He would have had a far better game if he didnt have that donkey whittaker behind him (motm my arse!) Whittakers distribution was diabolical. one bad decision after another when it came to passing to his team mates.

I meant he had no desire to get forward after we went 2-0 up but the whole team had that mentality.

I still can't believe a team going the SPL title struggle to control a ball played into feet!

Guest bigbear
Can I point out that Eck experimented with Stevie Smith at left midfield with less than disappointing results - and that was with Charlie Adam at left back! So I can't see how a reprise in that role is much of a surprise to anyone.

I must be one of the few people who believe that professional footballers can be competent in more than one out of eleven positions...

Totally agree.:cheers:

If a tradesman turned up at work and could only use one hand,he would not last a shift.

Footballers should be able to use both feet unless they have the left peg of a Baxter or Cooper. :rfc:

Cheers Cammy, was going to suggest someone might want to do this in Frankie's absence.

Some good and some bad yesterday.

I think we need to realise the pressures of competing for the title. Well didn't offer much and apart from their wonder goal wouldn't really have been in it.

Cheers Cammy, was going to suggest someone might want to do this in Frankie's absence.

Some good and some bad yesterday.

I think we need to realise the pressures of competing for the title. Well didn't offer much and apart from their wonder goal wouldn't really have been in it.

I'd like to see the possession % from yesterdays game. 1st half Motherwell must've dominated it.

I was beginning to think I was at a different game, after some strange comments on Smith and Whittaker's performances. Smith had a solid performance, giving balance to the midfield and worked hard in both directions. Whittaker had one absolutely fantastic run and was unlucky not to score with it, but that aside looked out of position (because he was!!) and not quite sure of himself.

And for anyone not giving Boyd MOTM when he was clearly miles ahead of anyone else is just stubborn refusal to give credit where it is due, because they dont like him. I wish he would play like that more often, of course, but on yesterday's form he could win us the title, if Walter has the bottle to play him.

And for anyone not giving Boyd MOTM when he was clearly miles ahead of anyone else is just stubborn refusal to give credit where it is due, because they dont like him. I wish he would play like that more often, of course, but on yesterday's form he could win us the title, if Walter has the bottle to play him.

NO ITS NOT - I said that IMO it was Boyds best game in a Rangers jersey, hardly not giving him credit is it :confused:

IMO SW was the best Rangers player on the pitch - he was playing an unfamiliar position, was very sound in defence and he surged forward at every opportunity.

So, if you don't agree with your assessment, then I hat Boyd :confused:

Cammy F

If that is your honest opinion Cammy, then fair enough.

It's wrong, but at least it's honest :devil:

I thought SW had a decent game, but he cannot play left sided as when he gets to the bye line he has to cut back as he has no left foot worthy of note. He also misplaced several simple passes. I like him as a player but I want him to get a consistent run of games at right back to get him some form and consistency, and show us that he can be Hutton's replacement after all. He has all the game going forward, but needs to improve defensively, but we were still saying that about Hutton when we sold him!

For an all round proper strikers performance and goals, the MOTM was one of the easiest this season IMO to award. I am sure Boyd would have got it in most papers today, ( i dont buy them!) and he was singled out by both managers as the difference between the sides.

4 goals in the last 3 games is a timely return to form for Boyd after a barren run and some really lazy and poor performances and I believe the transfer stuff in Jan really affected him. I hope he has set himself yesterday's performance as the benchmark for future performances, as on that form he can lead us to the title.

Wasn't having a pop at you directly Cammy, I generally agree with most of your stuff, and no offence meant.

You're still wrong about MOTM though :whistle: