Hand was sticking out and if the ball hits it in that situation a penalty should be given IMO.

But his hand was in that position prior to Anelka altering the course of the ball (and it altered significantly).

So, IMO, it was ball to hand.

But his hand was in that position prior to Anelka altering the course of the ball (and it altered significantly).

So, IMO, it was ball to hand.

Why was his hand out like that? Can the ref say that it wasn't to try and deflect the ball? I still believe it was a penalty, and I'm totally neutral as far as tonight was concerned. Didn't care which team won.

The ball hits Caldwell's arm like that on saturday and you'll be screaming for a penalty. :D

His arms out by his side. But is he not side on to the attacker, so in that respect his body is almost between his arm and the direction the ball is coming from, like his arm is stretched out behind him? May be wrong on that.

Totally agree on the last line though BD.

Hopefully Tom Murphy will spot it thought! ;)

Why was his hand out like that? Can the ref say that it wasn't to try and deflect the ball? I still believe it was a penalty, and I'm totally neutral as far as tonight was concerned. Didn't care which team won.

The ball hits Caldwell's arm like that on saturday and you'll be screaming for a penalty. :D

But his hand was out like that prior to Anelka flicking the ball, so surely that makes it ball to hand as he didnt alter the positioning of his arm, especially as prior to Anelka flicking the ball it made his arm behind his back almost (in connection with the flight of the ball).

I have already said BD that with most of them I would be looking for a penalty if they were a Rangers appeal - but as a neutral I honestly dont think that any of them were as clear-cut as is being made out.

I think that there is legitimacy in saying that the ref got them right, just as much as saying he got them wrong.