1st penalty. Final "foul" in the box. Intial contact outside. Freekick. Final contact not enough for a pen imo.

2nd. Definitely not a penalty. Disgusted by the partizan commentary. They would be abusing the barca play like hell had they gone down so softly. Especially considering Drogba's strength and the minimal contact.

3rd. Can't remember this right now.

4th pen. Ball to hand, seen them given.

5th. Ball to hand. Seen them given.

OK, after missig the game because of work I couldn't comment on the penalty incidents but after seeing them last night I can give my opinion on them now.

1st penalty - No penalty. Two players tussling for the ball. Barca player was stronger.

2nd penalty - Typical Drogba. He dives all the time and the referee wasn't fooled this time. Serves Drogba right!

3rd penalty - Can't remember.

4th penalty - Penalty.

5th penalty - No penalty.

Aye, i'm not sure what pen incident 3 actually refers too.

THe only reason for the outrage is the sheer number of claims. In isolation though I'm not sure any of them are valid. The handballs aside I guess.

Aye, i'm not sure what pen incident 3 actually refers too.

THe only reason for the outrage is the sheer number of claims. In isolation though I'm not sure any of them are valid. The handballs aside I guess.

Pen #1 - is on the side of the box - Malouda gets out-muscled.

Pen #2 - Drogba goes to ground in box

Pen #3 - Drogba goes to ground inside box under sliding tackle from Pique, Pique obviously got the ball. This is the one where Drogba goes all theatrical and child-like after seeing the ref not give the penalty.

Pen #4 - handball incident - Pique, with arm behind back

Pen #5 - handball incident - Ballack blasts it, hits someone on arm as he has turned away.

Pen #3 - Drogba goes to ground inside box under sliding tackle from Pique, Pique obviously got the ball. This is the one where Drogba goes all theatrical and child-like after seeing the ref not give the penalty.

Pen #5 - handball incident - Ballack blasts it, hits someone on arm as he has turned away.

The biggest child-like reaction I've ever seen against a penalty not been awarded. How could I forget that one?!?!?!

The biggest child-like reaction I've ever seen against a penalty not been awarded. How could I forget that one?!?!?!

And what made it worse was that it so obviously was NOT a penalty !!!

Ah right.

See I didn't consider 3 a penalty incident. Unless we're now going to consider every obviously 100% fair tackle in the box a penalty incident. Not digging at you, just honestly couldn't think what incident this was til someone explained.

The rest I understand the controversy, even if I don't agree most of them were even close to being given (the handballs being the best shouts).

Edited by Super_Ally

Ah right.

See I didn't consider 3 a penalty incident. Unless we're now going to consider every obviously 100% fair tackle in the box a penalty incident. Not digging at you, just honestly couldn't think what incident this was til someone explained.

The rest I understand the controversy, even if I don't agree most of them were even close to being given (the handballs being the best shouts).

I didnt consider it either but included it as Drogba wanted the penalty, therefore I guess it technically is a penalty incident.