Wearing Chelsea top to a Rangers game?

Personally I believe only Rangers tops should be worn to a Rangers game, but I'm not going to condemn someone for wearing a different top.

I do find it strange, as they're supposed to display their support for the team they're watching, not another, but if they feel strongly enough that they have to wear an alternative football jersey, there's not a lot I can do and it is a free country after all.

IMO people can wear what they want and its not a big deal. Obviously if someone was to wear a Celtic top at Ibrox they would be either on the wind up and very brave or intensly stupid but people have the right to wear what they want within reason.

I dont have a problem with Barney Rubble wearing a Columbia top to a game but personally when i wear colours (as on occassion i dont wear colours) its my Gers top plain and simple.

I've wouldn't condemn people for it but I would find it hard to understand some who apparently coming to support Rangers would openly display an allegiance to another team. It does water down their support somewhat.

Instead of being a Rangers "fan" it looks like Rangers are just one of the teams you "like".

It just doesn't seem so genuine when you have more than one allegiance bar your national side.

What about fans, like me, who have stopped buying Rangers tops as a protest against David Murray and his money, money, money mantra at Rangers? Am I not allowed to wear any other tops then? Just fashion accessories?

Personally, I have worn Barca, Sweden, Holland, GB rugby union, GB rugby league, Ulster rugby league, West Brom, Scotland etc tops / polo-shirts to Ibrox and it certainly hasn't 'watered down' my support for the team...

Cammy F

My point is not that you're supporting Rangers less, but undoubtedly it looks as though you do.

Instead of looking like a Rangers fan you might be mistaken for a neutral West Brom fan who is just visiting.

I don't really get your point though, you could easily wear a pre Murray Rangers shirt or just a blue t-shirt. Let see - "I'm going to a Rangers match today, what will I wear? I know - a Barca top." Sorry it just doesn't make any sense to me.

The wearing of a football top to a game is usually to make some kind of point - mainly where your allegiance lies, otherwise why wear sporting attire to just watch a game?

I also don't get the avoidance of buying a top due to DM. It is not he that is responsible for the money aspect of the game, and most Rangers fans would like the club to have more money to spend to keep up with the bigger leagues. I doubt Murray makes a penny from the tops (although he makes money elsewhere from Rangers) and he asserts that all profits go to improving the team.

I can see why you don't like Murray and you have complete choice of how you spend your money but wearing a non Rangers top is not going to affect the man in the slightest.

I've nothing against you wearing another team's top to Ibrox, I just don't see the logic in it. The same way that I don't see the logic in singing the sash.

But I guess this will be yet another subject where we disagree.

The reason I stopped buying Rangers tops was when Murray stated that by buying direct you were improving the team - I bought that lie and bought various Rangers tops, t-shirts, etc, etc but it was obvious that the money I was spending wasn't going to improve the team, the money was going 'elsewhere'.

Personally, I don't care what anyone wears to Ibrox, there are certain things that I wouldn't wear, but if someone else does, no skin off my nose.

I think the real test of 'support' is how you behave in and around the groud rather than what top you happen to have one at the time.

Cammy F

I dont have a problem with Barney Rubble wearing a Columbia top to a game but personally when i wear colours (as on occassion i dont wear colours) its my Gers top plain and simple.

How funny would that be if Barney Rubble was sat in front of you at Ibrox with a Colombia top on?!?!?!?! :D

Here is a comparison from Saturday ;

Guy sitting 3 rows in front of me wearing an Arsenal top, sang his heart out all day, stood by the team and stayed for 90 mins.

Guy sitting next to him in new Rangers away top, didn't sing, and left after 82 mins.

Who would you rather have at Ibrox?

Cammy F

Hold the horses here Calscot - just reread your post and what is this implying

most Rangers fans would like the club to have more money to spend to keep up with the bigger leagues.

I have spent untold �£thousands on season tickets, tops, pies, bovril, Rangers News, Programmes, Travel Club, Ready For The Future, Buy A Brick (I've bought 15 of the fookers)....

Please do not lecture me, or anyone else on money given in the support of the club. If it is one penny, or millions, we are all the same - I spend what I can and have in the past, and will no doubt in the future, spend more than I can actually afford.

Cammy F