Here's hoping Jon. Pool would have done it this year if it hadn't been for those silly draws at home that cost them big time

But every team that doesnt win the title could say the same thing. That is what I dont get about that statement.

Arsenal could say losing at honme to Stoke and Hull and not holding onto leads against Man U, Pool and Chelsea cost them the league.

Chelsea, ditto.

I just dont get that argument. Every team drops points and every point assists in preventing you from winning the league.

Here's hoping Jon. Pool would have done it this year if it hadn't been for those silly draws at home that cost them big time

Absolute nonsense.

If that's the case then Arsenal would've won the league if they beat Liverpool home and away, beat Man Ure at OT, beat Chelsea at The Emirates, beat Stoke and Fulham at The Emirates, beat Aston Villa home and away.

Absolute nonsense.

If that's the case then Arsenal would've won the league if they beat Liverpool home and away, beat Man Ure at OT, beat Chelsea at The Emirates, beat Stoke and Fulham at The Emirates, beat Aston Villa home and away.

Your the one talking nonsense I'm afraid. Arsenal did nowhere near enough throught the season....

Went to what, 2nd last game of the season and thats not good enough. Gav, we probably both have red tinted glasses on here but Liverpool ran it close yet you can't admit just how close they came can you?

At the end of the day - are you reading Samaras - League Tables don't lie and considering Pool only lost twice (IIRC) and Man Ure got 90 odd points you have to hold your hands up and say Man U deserved to win it.

I'm away to wash my mouth out :box:

Went to what, 2nd last game of the season and thats not good enough. Gav, we probably both have red tinted glasses on here but Liverpool ran it close yet you can't admit just how close they came can you?

Not close enough in all honesty.

Man Ure dropped points against Liverpool and Fulham in March/April time which gave Liverpool a huge lift but they went and ballsed it up AGAIN. I'm sorry but only one team deserved to win the EPL this season and it wasn't Liverpool.

It's all about consistency and Liverpool were consistantly inconsistent. :giruy:

Your the one talking nonsense I'm afraid. Arsenal did nowhere near enough throught the season....

Jon, you are missing the point though.

Gav isnt saying that Arsenal did more this season. Liverpool ran Man U close and were easily their closest challengers.

However, when someone says that "if it wasnt for those draws at home" then it is a futile argument.

Pool fans will say, as WTD did that "if it wasnt for those draws at home we would have won it".

Well..... every Arsenal fan can say "it if wasnt for losing at home to Hull or away to Fulham and Stoke and not holding leads against Man U, Pool, Chelsea then we would have won it".

The reality is that NEITHER Arsenal NOR Liverpool won the league and they BOTH dropped points that cost them the league.

So that whole "but for" argument is futile and every single club could argue the same thing.

And.... I bet Man U dropped points they shouldn't have as well so they could say the same thing about the margin they DID win by.

It isnt an Arsenal vs Liverpool thing - it is how fans use the "if only we didnt drop these points" argument.

I've maybe not come across properly in my opinion here. Not once have I said Manu didnt deserve to win the league. They had more points so deserved their 18th title. Liverpool had their best chance in years and years and went as close as they did. Draws cost them yes, BUT they should have showed more at those games to rightfully win those titles after being so far ahead. At the same time, Manu did everything right and therefore deserved the title.

Think maybe everyone has missed the point a little....