Not 'we' - you, just you. Everyone clearly appreciates the information, but it's only you who gets on the case of anyone who dares criticise him.

Then there's a lot of irrational Rangers fans out there Ally :thup:

The only one taking petty issue with comments on Boyd in this thread is you. ;)

In fact, needlessly ruining the entire thread. But keep up the good work. :rolleyes:

The only one taking petty issue with comments on Boyd in this thread is you. ;)

Actually, my original post was highly respectful of this thread and your views on Boyd. I only asked for you to extend the same courtesy to me.

In fact, needlessly ruining the entire thread. But keep up the good work. :rolleyes:

It's you ruining your own thread by taking my comments as an attack on Boyd and the thread. It all seems very personal to you. I just wish you didn't see it like that.

Actually, my original post was highly respectful of this thread and your views on Boyd. I only asked for you to extend the same courtesy to me.

It's you ruining your own thread by taking my comments as an attack on Boyd and the thread. It all seems very personal to you. I just wish you didn't see it like that.

Because, in this thread there was no need for your comments at all. You decided to renew hostilities here with no good reason and yet are trying to claim I have. :confused:

Go back and read the thread. :thup:

Because, in this thread there was no need for your comments at all. You decided to renew hostilities here with no good reason and yet are trying to claim I have. :confused:

Go back and read the thread. :thup:

What utter bollocks - both Cotter and Gazza came in with negative comments about Kris Boyd, yet you didn't go off on a rant like this.

All I did was point out that I was unaware you were a Boyd fan, and that I respected your view, and would like you to respect mine. I didn't even slag Boyd off! Yet you call that 'hostilities'?

I thought it was respectful conversation but clearly you're thin skinned.

I think the point is that it was supposed to be a thread about Boyd's record/stats, not another argument about Boyd's pros & cons or another argument for arguments sake, but it was obviously an inevitable outcome. Stick Boyd in the equation and the result is always an argument apparently. facepalm.gif

Can see where you're coming from but in my eyes, for a player to be totally above criticism because of his scoring record, he'd need to be scoring more than 27 in a season with a fair few of them coming against Celtic

In his final 4 seasons at Celtic, Larsson scored 53, 35, 44, 41. That kind of record is above criticism. Boyd has never broken the 40 barrier and one goal against Celtic in a 9 year career is incredible

Compare and contrast a few things:

The teams Larsson and Boyd played in.

The quality of the Rangers and Celtic teams both played against.

The amount of minutes Larsson played against Rangers in those 4 seasons compared to Boyds in each of the last 4 seasons.

Mmm Its very tempting to get involved in a Boyd debate :)

I side with Danny and Flying Hippo though.

Larsson and Boyd shouldnt be compared. Larsson was world class and had everything a striker needs in his game. He could score all types of goals and I doubt any Rangers fan would deny he wasnt world class. Its like Celtic fans comparing Hartson with Laudrup.

If Boyd moves on to the bigger stage in the summer (Premier League) only then can we monitor how he does at a higher level.