Which is why we should (almost) never be fielding a 4-5-1 formation. Certainly never at home and never, as we've aften had to endure it, at home against bottom-six oppoosition. If 4-4-2 allows you to play you top striker, and to pair him with someone other than a crisp bag collector, then that might not altogether be a bad thing to do....... Walter?

EXACTLY what I was getting at. If we don't have the players for a 4-5-1 (which we don't up front but do in the other positions) then don't play it.

I wasn't griping about Boyd but if WS plays a 4-5-1 then we dont have the approriate personnel to work it properly. However, if it is more a 4-3-3 than a 4-5-1 then I think we DO have the personnel for it.

I don't think that we need to play a 4-5-1 against ANY SPL opposition - but sometimes flooding the midfield and overpowering the better opposition (the Tims, away to Hearts, Utd and maybe Hibs) proves fruitful, especially if 3 points are earned :D - but we certainly dont NEED that formation against anyone in the SPL.

Miller was actually quite clinical against Falkirk - havent seen Saturday's game though - was he mince ?

Miller has done it well for Scotland on occasions. Lafferty looked the part when he got moved to do it against celtic.

I'd have both in infront of Boyd as a lone striker.

Yip agreed, Miller has done well in the past for Scotland but he had a player like McFadded behind him - both have pace in the break.

Lafferty did well also last season in that role against celtic but then got moved to the left which was disappointing.

Agree with MF, we shouldnt ever be looking to play 4-5-1 unless it can be switched to a 4-3-3 on attack.

• 3 months later...
Not sure if this has been mentioned but Rangers have not lost any SPL game in which Boyd has scored.

Correct - the only game we've lost when Boyd has scored was Durrant's only game in charge - v Dunfermline in the Scottish cup with Boyd scoring 2 in a 3-2 defeat.

Taken from elsewhere.

Will update the OP as the researcher has it up to date as of last nights game.

• 4 months later...
SCREEBS has finally updated so i've updated the first post on the thread.

Shame he's possibly scored his last goal for Rangers. :(

I thought it was something personal, until I saw this thread.

You really are just a massive Boyd fan. And I respect that, and recognise what he's done for us. But I'm not a Boyd fan, and prefer others to him.

Why can't you respect that too?

You really are just a massive Boyd fan. And I respect that, and recognise what he's done for us. But I'm not a Boyd fan, and prefer others to him.

Strange post for this thread with you the one going on the attack.

Yes, but S_A was just updating Boyd's, probable, final record with us, how can you say that is an attack?

Strange post for this thread with you the one going on the attack.

I was asking a question, not attacking. I couldn't understand why you've been so aggravated by my and others' opinion of Boyd, and now I do. My question stands.