And that's why WS should leave!

FGalkirk didn't necessarily play all that well but they played us off the park. That's my gripe! Falkirk were average, we were extremely poor.

Falkirk were a striker away from winning the cup yesterday (and finishing higher up the league). And I'm not talking about an expensive, top-of-the-range striker - someone like Clarkson, Kyle or John Sutton.

FGalkirk didn't necessarily play all that well but they played us off the park. That's my gripe! Falkirk were average, we were extremely poor.

they were the better team I agree but we won the cup that's what a cup final is about 90 mins...........we played great last weekend but didn't this but we still won the cup.

I am happy with the way this season has went and hopefully we will improve again next season.........

Falkirk were a striker away from winning the cup yesterday (and finishing higher up the league). And I'm not talking about an expensive, top-of-the-range striker - someone like Clarkson, Kyle or John Sutton.

but they have been the same all season so they have no one to blame but themselves. i don't feel sorry for them, and I can't believe some of our fans said they deserved to win the cup, we deserved it IMO because we scored more goals than them.........

Maybe my memory is clouded but did we not play some really good stuff early in the season when Kevin Thomson was playing beside Mendes ? Mendes seemed to be playing well because Thomson was there beside him.

Obviously we wouldnt have played well in EVERY game but I thought our decent performances were greater in number than the poor ones at that time.

Coincidence that our performances dipped after Thomson went out injured ? I don't think so.

Unfortunately currently we need the CL money more than we need silky perfomances. Only when we are on an even financial keel will we be in the position to spend a few million on a quality creative midfielder, which is what we miss more than most right now.

it helps though :)

i would rather play bad and win things than play good like falkirk seemingly do and win nothing............

If a team like Falkirk can play a better standard of football generally with no money then why the hell cant Walter smith get his team playing and passing like it given the fact hes spent 30 million?

An alarming amount of our fans are only far too willing to accept the mediorcrity served up by smith.

I would rather we played better and won things.

Bringing on Dailly to play UPFRONT himself was shocking. That decision left me speechless. We all joke about WS playing players out of position but that took the biscuit! Playing a defender as a lone forward? :eek:

100% wrong. Dailly was actually playing in his "natural" position according to the definition on this forum. He started out his career as a striker, and a good one too; so if you go by this forum he's been played out of position as a defender ever since.

It WAS a strange decision but ironically it's EXACTLY what people like yourself have been crying out for.

Maybe you need to decide what you really want.

If a team like Falkirk can play a better standard of football generally with no money then why the hell cant Walter smith get his team playing and passing like it given the fact hes spent 30 million?

An alarming amount of our fans are only far too willing to accept the mediorcrity served up by smith.

I would rather we played better and won things.

i think we all want to play better and win things even Walter but he, like every manager, is firstly judged on results which has passed this season and I am delighted to win the league back after 4 years and get straight into the CL which was probably more important as we are struggling moneywise!

hopefully he can now sign better players and play a better system we all want to see and still win things. Teams like falkirk and hibs can play decent football but what has it got them?

I think the irony on this thread is that people are using Falkirk as an example of a team playing good football and in the same argument saying we should have played them off the park because they are shite...

I think what people really mean is that they want to turn up to see Rangers give a bunch of shite teams a drubbing every week. Maybe instead of applying to join the English league we should instead be looking to join the Northern Ireland league...

I think the irony on this thread is that people are using Falkirk as an example of a team playing good football and in the same argument saying we should have played them off the park because they are shite...

I think what people really mean is that they want to turn up to see Rangers give a bunch of shite teams a drubbing every week. Maybe instead of applying to join the English league we should instead be looking to join the Northern Ireland league...

couldn't have put it better myself m8 ..............................

Thats the problem mate, he wont.

He won't keep winning things? Negativity in the face of a double. Jesus.

The blame for yesterdays performance lies squarely with the players. First half was dreadful so WS moved Davis inside and switched to 4 3 3. This was precisely the move that all the tactical geniuses in the stands, myself included, were crying out for. Wlater was going fucking ballistic at the players. What more do you want?