I think the thing with Mendes is ,given his track record in the Premiership, we were expecting a lot more from him. I for one was expecting him to dominate midfields up here and become our midfield orchestrator or playmaker, something he hasn't really done and certainly not on a consistent basis.

A lot of this maybe due to Walters tactics, maybe due to the 'Barry Factor', or perhaps just due to the fact that the guy is not as good as we thought he was. I'd love to be proved wrong, but the fact is that he came up here for �£3.5 million, a fortune for us these days when every penny is a prisoner, and needs to start showing his worth on the park week in and week out. Personally I think Davis has outshone him whenever he has played centrally and if it wasn't for the odd spectacular goal would we really miss Pedro??

I believe we would unless we bring in someone who is better. Apart from his goals he has made some fantastic passes. The ball to Cousin against the tims springs to mind.(4-2)

As has been said, he does have some class.... not allot but there is no one else there who really does. He now has to be given a full season at full fitness. I hope he stays.

I think the thing with Mendes is ,given his track record in the Premiership, we were expecting a lot more from him. I for one was expecting him to dominate midfields up here and become our midfield orchestrator or playmaker, something he hasn't really done and certainly not on a consistent basis.

A lot of this maybe due to Walters tactics, maybe due to the 'Barry Factor', or perhaps just due to the fact that the guy is not as good as we thought he was. I'd love to be proved wrong, but the fact is that he came up here for �£3.5 million, a fortune for us these days when every penny is a prisoner, and needs to start showing his worth on the park week in and week out. Personally I think Davis has outshone him whenever he has played centrally and if it wasn't for the odd spectacular goal would we really miss Pedro??

I certainly think smiths tactics have affected quite a few in the squad over the last two seasons. But i dont think we would miss mendes should we sell him. Davis, thompson and Edu will be the mainstay of our midfield in the seasons to come.

Might be interesting to see a midfield of Thomson AND Edu...

Davis Edu Thomson Brunt

Barring injury, I don't think there's a team in Scotland that could live with that midfield. Being Rangers though, one of them will do a cruciate before Christmas.

I think we need to cut Mendes some slack. A Premiership player on the fringes of the Portuguese National squad, signed for �£3.5m (I thought it was 3??) played 40+ games in a season where we won the double, won 7 MOTM awards and scored a couple of important goals in the process, not to mention a reasonable number of assists. That's not TOO bad really is it?

I think we should reserve judgement till this time next year. See how he does in the CL and whether his overall contribution is worthy of what will no doubt be a hefty wage.

I have to hold my hands up and admit I was one of Mendes main critics during the season. However with the returning Thoson set to partner Mendes in midfield again I reckon this will help Pedro Immensely. Lets face it the team as a whole missed KT and Mendes was no different. I'd like to see him stay and form a formidable midfield duo with our new Captain - or vice Captain if D Weir stays

I think we need to cut Mendes some slack. A Premiership player on the fringes of the Portuguese National squad, signed for �£3.5m (I thought it was 3??) played 40+ games in a season where we won the double, won 7 MOTM awards and scored a couple of important goals in the process, not to mention a reasonable number of assists. That's not TOO bad really is it?

I think we should reserve judgement till this time next year. See how he does in the CL and whether his overall contribution is worthy of what will no doubt be a hefty wage.

I believe Mendes has been called up for the game against Albania.