Transfer Ins and Outs - Summer 2009

Thought we'd have a sticky so we can keep an eye on the ins and outs over the summer.

Will also have a section with linked signings.

OUT

- Christian Dailly (Freed)

- Braham Hemdani (Freed

- Ross Harvey (Freed)

- Willie McLachlan (Freed)

- Chris Craig (Freed)

- Artur Vaiculis (Freed)

- Lee Robinson (Freed)

- Georgios Efrem (to Omonia Nicosia)

- Dean Furman (to Oldham)

- Graeme Smith (to St Johnstone)

- Andy Webster (loan to Dundee Utd - 12 months)

- Barry Ferguson (to Birmingham City - �£1.25million)

- Charlie Adam (to Blackpool - �£500,000)

- Alan Gow (to Plymouth Argyle - �£200,000)

- Andrius Velicka (loan to Bristol City - 12 months)

- Aaron (Loan terminated)

IN

- Jerome Rothen (from PSG - season long loan)

Linked

- Zak Whitbread (Bosman from Millwall)

- Chris Brunt (�£2million + player from West Brom)

- Gil Bluhmannstein (trial)

:)

Edited by Frankie

Good idea, will help us all keep on top of it.

Thought I saw another youth player had been freed on wikipedia. Will have a look, don't think it was Harvey, but maybe my mind is playing tricks.

Edit:

Wikipedia have these listed as released as well:

William MacLachlan

Chris Craig

Lee Robinson

Dean Furman

Alan Lowing

Georgios Efrem (Omonia Nicosia)

Not heard anything on Furman and Lowing though so think that may be bs.

Edited by Super_Ally

Personally thinking releasing Efrem is somewhat premature. From what I've seen of him he's no less of a player than Aaron. But hey what do I know?:spl:

If this is true it's profoundly depressing. Another youth player not given a chance. All right he may not have turned out to be any good, but why are we rearing players for other clubs? Take Ross McCormack as an example.

If this is true it's profoundly depressing. Another youth player not given a chance. All right he may not have turned out to be any good, but why are we rearing players for other clubs? Take Ross McCormack as an example.

i sometimes don't see the point in having a youth set up as they don't get a fair chance with us. the aaron signing was more bizzare as he was never going to play in many games unless he was a superstar so why have we wasted money on him? and it's not exactly helped him sitting on the bench or playing reserve football for us.

ross mccormack is a decent player but he would still be a fringe player if he was still with us IMO ,first team football and hard work has obviously done him wonders and is now worth �£5m :eek: or so they say down south, I still don't like him much though :whistle:

Personally thinking releasing Efrem is somewhat premature. From what I've seen of him he's no less of a player than Aaron. But hey what do I know?:spl:

It's easy to say that but there are plenty of young players that fans think look good, get released and do hee haw.

Ashikodi is a typical example. In fact look up all the youngsters we've released in the past couple of years and you'll struggle to find much success.

I've explained before about the law of averages meaning we will always struggle to produce players of Rangers standard - just like every team in Europe. We're talking about the top 5% of players or better.

It seems people really do expect miracles.