Transfer Ins and Outs - Summer 2009

The ET headline is wrong.

We're gonna sell Adam for �£500k a guy with international and Champions League experience and replace him with an inexperienced youth for �£750k. Would have to agree with Frankie on this one.

Aside from Mcgeady MKII (Mcarthy), I reckon Arfield is the best young midfielder in the SPL. As for the left hand side, if Aaron/Fleck are to be left on the bench then Either Aluko or Gomis would improve the team.

My god this is all very depressing....I'm off to the champions thread.:(

Charlie on his way at last?

-------------

Rangers midfielder Charlie Adam may be on his way back to Blackpool after finally entering into talks with the Championship club.

The Glasgow giants accepted a �£500,000 bid more than two weeks ago from the club Adam had a spell on loan with last season, but he initially wanted to fight for his place at Ibrox.

Seasiders manager Ian Holloway told the Blackpool Gazette: "He's a very ambitious lad, with great belief in himself and maybe that's half the problem. Charlie is unsure whether it's right for him to leave Rangers as he believes he can get into that team.

"His agent sent us a proposal through, and I've told him what I can do for him and what I think we can do for his career. If he comes to work with me I think he'll like it, but until he gets in the car and does it we are struggling a bit. I'm not going to beg anyone."

The negotiations have taken place over the phone after Adam initially declined to discuss a permanent move, but Holloway understands the player has suffered a blow in being told his Rangers career is over.

Holloway added: "He probably thought he had done enough on loan to go back to Rangers and be looked at in pre-season as a serious option. You have to consider the disappointment of being rejected by your club when you look at the way he behaved. I am prepared to be patient."

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/news/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=nonwire_soccer/09/07/21/manual_124751.html

I don't think we will sign anyone. We have to downsize, the squad is being cut to round about 20 and some youngsters will be given a chance hopefully, well maybe. We can't afford to spend big and the peanuts we have won't buy anyone that will be better than what we have unless you get lucky. We actually have a decent squad/team and some of the players will hopefully progress more after their first season with us.............

It's not great but it's reality kicking in, and what we funded murray park for......