Should we keep Charlie Adam?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Should we keep Charlie Adam?

• Yes, he's worth another year at the club
    • No, take the Ã?£500K and run

Charlie Adam has pleaded with Rangers manager Walter Smith to give him a second chance at Ibrox after making only nine appearances last season. (Daily Record)

It probably make a good poll to see how many of us would like to see him get another chance, I for one think he is worth at least one more chance, he has three years remaining on his five year contract.............I think ?, plus he is still a young player who could improve

Edited by ian1964

Poll added.

For me, we move him on. I don't think he's good enough and I don't think the fans will ever take to him which doesn't help his chances of playing well regularly.

would help if he was given a run in his chosen position , he was excellent in europe two season's back and has the knack of scoring goals , however wattie would much prefer to play players such as McCulloch , before younger players.

Until wattie leaves we will be subjected to more of the same next year , was speaking to the organiser at one of the biggest south side supporters clubs on Monday and he said they have lost mega members as fans who have been going for years are just not willing to put u'p with the same old rubbish again next season and were going to pick their games very carefully , seems a very simillar story amongst other clubs .

Murray will have to wake up to the fact that he is killing this club by 1000cuts and I hope that at the STS meeting whenever that takes place , this point is forceably made , fans who have been season ticketholders , shareholders for years can no longer accept the downsizing .

I was a season ticket holder for 25 years but Kaunus finally did it for me . and I haven't renewed ,and nothing that I am hearing from inside Ibrox is making me regret that decision

Rbr:

I understand your position and I was unsure myself about renewing for this season. However, I felt that the club still needed my money and there were some signs last season that our team were capable of playing some good, attacking football.

Probably just optimism rather than a genuine point of order but I think with less pressure on the team (and manager) this season; the football may improve and the more contentious, overly-conservative strategic decisions (e.g. McCulloch in midfield) a thing of the past.

If he was right-footed I'd say no, however I hope he stays. Worse players than Charlie Adam were getting a game in that Rangers team last season. He was one of our better players under Le Guen (no matter how bad we were) and has been popular at every club he's been at on loan. On reflection a year away from the club wasn't the worst thing for Adam as it got him a break from the boo boys and his confidence will be up, having been chased by a couple of Championship clubs after a good season. He'll come back a more mature and experienced player, and for that reason, added to the amount of dross we still have in our team, means he's deserving of a shot next season IMO. That said, if he hasn't developed his set-pieces then he can feck off :admin:

Indeed SA, 500k is a disgraceful amount. I fully expect us to accept it.

I also agree with Norris's sentiments about him being left footed and therefore worth keeping in the hope that he can improve his all round game and fine tune his already impressive set-peice ability. How many dead ball experts do we have? Remember when Fleck had his short run in the team and was taking all the corners and set pieces? I think that showed our paucity in that department; a 17 yr old walking into a world famous team and hitting all the dead balls, no questions asked.

As for him being popular at every team he's been on loan at (St.Mirren and Blackpool) I wouldn't take that as a reason to keep him as they operate far below the level of the SPL champions.

His fitness has always been an issue.

So there are arguments on both sides but I think I'll come down on the side of giving him another year. He's still very young and can get better with the right people around him. Unfortunately if he does stay I suspect he'll be stuck out wide when his best position is in the middle or at least tucked in a bit.

So there are arguments on both sides but I think I'll come down on the side of giving him another year. He's still very young and can get better with the right people around him. Unfortunately if he does stay I suspect he'll be stuck out wide when his best position is in the middle or at least tucked in a bit.

Bearing in mind Frankie's 4-3-3 thread. As he will never likely get a shot at CM, 4-3-3 might suit Charlie better. Though he'd still struggle for a regular game behind Mendes, Thommo, Edu and Davis.