Tonel

Sporting Lisbon defender Tonel has been strongly linked with a move to Rangers. The experienced Portuguese player's agent has confirmed that Rangers have made enquiries and that Walter Smith tried to secure his services in January. Tonel reportedly likes the idea of a link up with fellow countryman Pedro Mendes. Rangers face competition from a couple of Italian sides for the 29-year-old's signature.

Alan Hutton

Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp is reportedly willing to offer Alan Hutton back to Rangers. Spurs have an abundance of right-backs at the club and Redknapp is eager to trim the squad. The 24-year-old left Ibrox in 2008 but has made just 19 appearances for Tottenham.

Andre Bikey

Reading defender Andre Bikey is reportedly interesting Walter Smith. The 24-year-old is valued at around �£2.5m but Rangers will face competition from Stoke for his signature. The Cameroon international was impressive during his time in the Premier League with Reading and the Royal's failure to regain promotion to England's top-flight means he could be ready to move on.

Christian Dailly

It appeared that Dailly had played his last game for Rangers in the Scottish Cup Final in May but the utility man, who is now out of contract could yet return to Ibrox. The 35-year-old former Scotland captain has said: "I'm actually going to speak to the club just to see what's happening - they asked me to give them a call."

Marlon Harewood

Rangers will reportedly offer Marlon Harewood a route out of Villa Park. The 28-year-old struggled to force his way into the first team at Aston Villa after a �£4m move last summer. Harewood is also interesting Fulham and Stoke but Walter Smith is hopeful Champions League football will entice the English midfielder north of the border.

Chris Brunt

Rangers are reportedly lining up a �£3m bid for West Brom winger Chris Brunt. Brunt scored a flurry of goals at the end of last season's Premier League, creating quite a bit of interest. Rangers are likely to face competition from Celtic, with Tony Mowbray thought to be interested in linking up with his former player.

Brian Stock

Walter Smith is apparently lining up a bid for Doncaster midfielder Brian Stock. Valued at around �£1.5m, Stock is also being monitored by Birmingham and Wolves. The 27-year-old has scored 14 goals in 97 appearances for Doncaster.

Eduardo Vargas

Chilean whizzkid Eduardo Vargas has issued a come-and-get-me plea to the Old Firm, saying a switch to Glasgow would make him a "complete striker". The 19-year-old attacking midfielder has been linked to various clubs but Rangers are thought to be willing to see their interest through. Vargas' club, Cobreloa, value him at around �£1.5m.

Nabil Baha

Rangers have reportedly joined the chase for Malaga striker Nabil Baha. The Moroccan international had a successful season in La Liga last term, alerting a number of clubs to his ability. Baha has two years left on his contract but a release clause of �£4.5m in his contract could see him move on.

Andy Dorman

St. Mirren are poised to fend off interest from the Old Firm in striker Andy Dorman. Buddies manager Gus MacPherson is aware of the interest and it is claimed he is resigned to losing his hit-man. The 27-year-old Englishman had a glittering season for St. Mirren and is widely expected to move on.

Kevin Kyle

Kilmarnock striker Kevin Kyle is reportedly interesting Walter Smith (pictured). The 28-year-old had a good scoring record last season and has even been credited with keeping Killie in the top tier of Scottish football single-handedly after his move to the club in January.

I could see Hutton being a goer. From what I can gather, despite Bain's figure of �£9m, Rangers have received very little of that. I don't know the ins and outs of the deal but there's a chance we could resign Hutton for nothing, or a negligible fee. Signing Hutton would also have the added effect of putting the shitters up the bheasts. He terrified them and the league was handed to them on a plate when he left (well, that and SPL corruption).

I'd take Tonel as a repacement for Weir, something of a priority for us as good as Weir has been. We don't even have Dailly to cover now if Bougy or Weir gets injured. Don't know a hell of a lot about the guy but he has Champions League experience so I'd imagine he knows what shape a football is.

I'd steer clear of Bikey, the guys a bit mental is he not?

I'd take Stock first. I'll get my coat :whistle:

but will hutton wanna take a massive cut in wages? that how i cant see that one happening. more likely go to everton or villa

yeh bikey is a bit mental but a big strong defender.

On February 7, 2008 Bikey was sent off in the semi final win over Ghana after a bizarre incident where he pushed a medic watching over injured team mate Rigobert Song in the dying seconds of the match. It seems Bikey took offence when the Ghana stretcher team, keen to get the 'injured' Cameroon player off the field, with their team behind and time running out, began pushing back the doctor attending to Song, so that they could load him on the stretcher and the game could continue. Bikey reacted by pushing one of the offending stretcher bearers (Samuel Ashia) back with considerably more force, which sent him tumbling. Right on the scene, referee Abderahim El Arjoune instantly distributed the red card, alongside the bemused medic and some astounded Ghana players'

yeh maybe he is a bit nutz

Edited by H1ndy

I'd take Tonel for his Champions League experience. Brunt, although inconsistent, is an out and out left winger which we are crying out for. Know very little of Baha and Stock.

Dorman is a decent player in a position which we have more than adequate cover for.

Kevin Kyle would be pointless.. another sort of Stevie Thompson type for us and he's a complete cock into the bargain aswell.

Harewood to be avoided at all costs. Has never impressed me at all.

Dailly coming back would be fine by me. He's fine to have as cover and his fitness is well above par.

Bikey I would take but as someone said his mental attitude can be questioned.

Hutton I'd have back in a minute.

yes

no

no

no a million times f*'n NO

no

no

no

no

no

no

no

Are we just trying to ensure we have no players when the African CoN comes around??

Obviously the papers are "filling" and making it up as they go along during the close season, but some of them are laughable.

I would only take Hutton back on his previous terms, as he has clearly went backwards (partly due to injury to be fair) since joining Spurs. We dont need a right back, but we do badly need players for other positions so I would probably say no to bringing him back. It very rarely works second time around for any player.

�£1.5M for a Doncaster player?

�£4.5M will not be spent on any player this summer by us.

Marlon Harewood?, get a grip ffs.

Out of that lot i would probably take Brunt, Tonel and Hutton.

Doubt if the Hutton one is a possibility though, he is on far to much money down there and havent really heard any reports of him not settling away from Glasgow.

I think Brunt looks a good player, he has a good left foot and would certainly add something to our set piece options (he would actually give us an option)

Out of that lot i would probably take Brunt, Tonel and Hutton.

Doubt if the Hutton one is a possibility though, he is on far to much money down there and havent really heard any reports of him not settling away from Glasgow.

I think Brunt looks a good player, he has a good left foot and would certainly add something to our set piece options (he would actually give us an option)

Let's go away and compare the Brunt and Charlie Adam Youtube compilations shall we?:devil: