Bougherra to Bordeaux For ââ??¬6million?

Here's another way of looking at it:

What if we sold Bougherra which enabled us to bring in two centre halves (e.g. Tonel and Stranzl) to strengthen an area we may not be able to afford otherwise?

I don't want the big man to leave but there are always different ways to look at things.

One of the papers is running a story about Fergie going to Birmingham and as the bottom of said article it states Boogie will be going nowhere.

In another paper also read Murray saying we would be holding onto our better players and supplementing the squad with youths.

Though we've heard this sort of thing before with the likes of Carlos Cuellar.

Was reading posts on another forum last night that were the early editions of the papers I think and don't have the links. :(

Think the first story was from the Sun.

Edit: One report denied we'd received any bids.

If we get a Cuellar type bid then he will go , if so Walter will have another Gem of a CB in the pipeline he can spot a good one.

Would like him to stay but every player has a price and Murray wont sell him cheap , agree with Frankie that this would free up some �£�£�£ to bring in 2 maybe 3 players to the squad.

What if we sold Bougherra which enabled us to bring in two centre halves (e.g. Tonel and Stranzl) to strengthen an area we may not be able to afford otherwise?

I don't want the big man to leave but there are always different ways to look at things.

Fair enough Frankie. I had considered this, but like all of us I want Boogie and A.N other. If Fergie goes and we got Tonel in and no-one else I would be happy. In a relative sense of course.

Just looking at my last post on this thread.....damn you beer!!!!

Edited by Cotter
mongness

If it was possible then yeah it sounds an option but there isnt any way we could know that (unless you have inside info :))

Preference would be for Bougherra to stay though.

I cant see Bougie going tbh. Murray has said QUITE CLEARLY that our best players dont need to go. Also I cant see us getting a �£4-5m bid for him so I cant see the circumstances arising. maybe if he plays well in the CL or something but he's had virtually no exposue last season outside of the SPL so why he would start attracting large bids is a mystery.

Bordeaux Chairman quoted today as saying he "got a phone call from someone, I don't know if it was the agent or the agent's agent. I haven't heard anything but maybe Laurent (Blanc) is interested in him (Boogie)".

I'm still worried.

Bordeaux Chairman quoted today as saying he "got a phone call from someone, I don't know if it was the agent or the agent's agent. I haven't heard anything but maybe Laurent (Blanc) is interested in him (Boogie)".

I'm still worried.

As long as his agent isn't our old pal Willie McKay!!!