Bougherra to Bordeaux For ââ??¬6million?

At present i dont think rangers will entertain any bids for bougherra as they have made it clear he is going nowhere! well thats what im hearing from rangers!

That's just the response I was looking for, I know we may be needing money at this stage but Walter has to realise that in the past few years we've been lucky with how players like Boumsong, Cuellar and Boughie have slotted in to our side and done superb however I fear that if we were to sell Boughie right now it would be unlikely that we get a player even half as good as him for the upcoming campaign and Champions League assault, we must keep him no matter how much we are offered. He has become an excellent player for us and himself and Weir are a great partnership and if we are to progress past the group stages of the CL then we simply must keep him at all costs. We lost Boumsong one January and we then lost Cuellar in a January, let's keep Boughie now and in January so we retain the league title Walter !!!!!

RANGERS will hold showdown talks with Madjid Bougherra next week amid fresh speculation that Bordeaux are ready to make a move for him.

The Ibrox club today confirmed there has been no formal offer for the defender from the French outfit, or anyone else.

However, Rangers have hinted that they anticipate a written offer for the player but have insisted that they won't sell unless the price is right.

"We have no received a bid or any official contact from Bordeaux," said Martin Bain, Rangers chief executive.

advertisement

"We have been made aware from the player's agent that a bid is on its way but so far we have not received anything."

Quotes attributed to Bougherra which appeared in an Algerian newspaper suggest that he may be preparing to move on.

"I can't really say too much abut this," said the 26-year-old. "All I can say is that I do know that Bordeaux are interested in me.

"I expect this to be resolved next week after I have spoken to the people who are in charge at Rangers."

Ibrox supremo David Murray has insisted that he will only allow players to go if the money that is put down is agreeable.

"We don't wish to accept any offers for our good young players, but if we get anything that is unbelievable, then we have to be realistic," he said. "At this moment, we have no plans to sell our best talent. We are no different to any other club in that, if we receive an offer that is well above valuation, we have to consider it."

However, while Bordeaux have backtracked somewhat from their stance earlier in the week when they distanced themselves from speculation.

The French club's president, Jean-Louis Triaud, said: "We have not made any official offer to Rangers yet, but if we do, we will not be forced into a corner by them. Bougherra is one of the players Laurent Blanc has discussed but if he's too dear then we move on."

Rangers, meanwhile, have revealed that new shirt sales have broken all previous records with the club's megastore shifting 3000 new tops on the first day they went on sale yesterday.

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/display.var.2520543.0.0.php

I'd rather keep an unhappy player than be ripped off. €8m or on yer bike.

Unfortunately I don't think Bordeaux will entertain paying that much for him. We could be looking at seeing him head for sunny France for somewhere between €5m & €6m, but there's always the chance that we knock back that sort of offer if WS actually has a say in the matter.

Edited by Zappa

Meanwhile, Bordeaux, the French champions, had been ready to test Rangers' resolve with a �£3m bid for Bougherra as they seek to replace Marseille-bound Souleymane Diawara. However, Jean-Louis Triaud, their president, said his side will pursue other targets, such as Marko Basa at Lokomotiv Moscow, after Bougherra told them he did not want to return to France.

http://www.theherald.co.uk/sport/headlines/display.var.2520662.0.Ferguson_saddened_by_second_farewell.php