lee martin offical

Well if its Buba thats saying he's signed.... by my calculations with his 'Sebo in 24 hrs' deally....Martin will be ours by the middle of next week. :D

I think he can play on the left and the right, i heard that at least.

From the official site ;

RANGERS have today signed highly promising Manchester United youngster Lee Martin on a loan deal

Martin, 19, passed a medical and agreed terms and will train with Paul Le Guen's squad for the first time today.

The teenager was in Glasgow two weeks ago when Manchester United came north to play Celtic in a friendly at Parkhead. Martin was outstanding in a 3-0 win for the young United side.

Martin, who plays on the left side of midfield, spent the second half of last season in Belgium with Royal Antwerp, who have a special relationship with Manchester United.

He was signed from Wimbledon in December 2003 for a fee which could hit �£1million if he progresses as everyone expects.

He is rated highly by Sir Alex Ferguson who insisted that he would only let the player go on loan to a club where he could further his career.

Martin - no relation to his namesake who scored the winner in the 1990 FA Cup final - has only played once for the United first team in a competitive game when he featured in the Carling Cup tie with Barnet last October.

However, he has had a taste of European football as he sat on the bench as United beat Benfica in the Champions League at Old Trafford.

--------------------

Welcome to The Rangers young man :thup:

Cammy F

Seems to be really realishing the chance to play for us:

LEE MARTIN used to 'manage' Rangers players on a computer game and now he's becoming a team mate after signing up on loan from Manchester United.

The 19-year-old winger is thrilled to get the chance of being part of the Le Guen Revolution and he is here to make his mark.

In an exclusive inteview with Rangers World, Lee has revealed that he can't wait to get his chance in a Rangers shirt and he is after a regular first team slot.

He said: "I know a lot of the players by name only. I used to play football computer games and Rangers were one of the teams!

"Now these are the guys I will be training with so I'm looking forward to meeting them all and settling in as quickly as possible.

"I'm delighted to come to such a club as Rangers. It's unbelievable and I have high expectations during my loan period. The whole reason for me coming her is to improve as a player on and off the pitch."

He has already pleased Rangers fans by being part of the Manchester United side that defeated Celtic 3-0 at Parkhead two wqeeks ago and he can't believe he is no back up in Glasgow to sign for the Loght Blues.

He said: "It's amazing that I was in Glasgow just a couple of weeks ago to play for Manchester United against Celtic and now here I am signing for Rangers.

"It would be brilliant if I could get into the squad for Sunday's game at Dunfermline. My aim is to get into the starting 11 as quickly as possible.

"I know this is a new period for Rangers with a new manager and new players so for me to come in and be a part of it is really exciting. I'm really looking forward to it."