Will you still be laughing when our low co-efficient means next year we have to negotiate 2 qualifying round because the Tims buggered up?:(

I'm more interested in the extra �£3m we get if they get knocked out, plus the severe loss of revenue for them.

Will you still be laughing when our low co-efficient means next year we have to negotiate 2 qualifying round because the Tims buggered up?:(

The financial state we are in,compared to the MOPES,YES, fuck the coefficient.Normally I would agree with you but the fact of the matter is we NEED to try and close the money gap and the two qualifying rounds are inevitable IMO.They don't qualify,we get all the money, if we win the SPL this season again and they don't qualify the tables are turned.......SIMPLES!!!!

In actual fact, i think it matters very little if Celtic win or lose this game. If they lose they go (seeded most likely) into the final qualifying round for the Europa League.

Regards co-efficient points they there is no real distinction between competions (other than bonuses I believe). So as long as they win one out of the two ties they have, they will be in the EL. And still able to get points (possibly more because greater chance of winning games rather than drawing).

From the Scottish coefficient point of view we are pretty much screwed already as the total number of points gets diluted with the more teams from each contry entered into european competition. So unless Hearts get out the group stages and Aberdeen and Motherwell at least qualify, we will still struggle to get a decent tally!

Qualifying games only count half points for the national score, and count zero towards a clubs individual co-efficient, so in all probability, it will be Rangers, maybe Celtic, and hopefully a few points from Hearts divided by SIX! with the 3 wins so far from the qualifiers counting for 3 points... thats 0.5 for the "Scotland co-efficient" this season! good going SPL clubs :whistle: :box:

Good summary of the information as I understand it (from reading Bert Kassie's site).

However, I thought I had read that the total national coefficient would only be divided by the number of teams who actually qualify for the tournament's proper stages (i.e succesfully navigating the qualifiers)? Or have I imagined that?

Think I kind of brought this up with BD before but dont remember what the answer was.