Player Ratings-Record

That's the very last thing I want to happen. McCulloch as a CB frightens me! He should be a squad player at best.

I don't really want him as a CB either. It's just that as long as he is at the club, WS will use him somewhere - and I definitely don't think it should be central midfield. And I'm also thinking who could we afford for CB that would be better than McCulloch? Depressing thought I know.

I actually think the record has got every single one of those ratings wrong.

There is not a single comment I agree with out of 11 players. I really wonder what match they were watching.....silly me, they were too busy in Moscow where apparantly the scum came from 10 lucky breakaway goals down to beat the favourites for the CL, while playing football only the gods could dream up, with 11 world class players in the side.

Anyway, back to us.

Alexander 5, was a joke at the second goal.

Whittaker 6, poor defensively, got sucked in for build up to 2nd goal.

Weir 6, Old legs are getting slower. Anytime oppo pass the ball he is lost.

Bougherra 7, better than in London, but still shaky against better opposition. Needs to cut out forward assaults.

Papac 5, Quiet game, gave little going forward.

McCulloch 5, Mr square pass. kept it simple in possession, but hasn't a clue how to really play that anchor role, took wrong option in defence numerous times.

Davis 8, MOTM, Good midfield work at both ends, and great vision for Miller.

Mendes 7, Linked up with Davis really well, and won plenty of ball back from City in engine room.

Novo 6, Decent shift, needs to work on defensive reading of game to help Whittaker.

Miller 5, Apart from goal was embarrassing. Ran the ball out the pitch several times, offside several times, didn't make enough blind side runs. Good pace when ball over top but cant do anything with it. Still refused to shoot. Keeper made goal easy for him.

Naismith 6, Played well. Floated around in the hole as well as giving outlet on left. Linked up play well between midfield and attack. Good at finding space. Impressed.

All in I was impressed with how we kept the ball, passed the ball, and created chances. There was a pace and energy about us that we didn't see too often last season. The Rhebel obviously has its own agenda (They must be embarrased bumming up McCulloch by now just because he gives them all the inside stories) and I will copntinue to refuse to buy it, or believe anything I read in it.

My first thought with their second was, McGregor might have stopped that.

I still think he is the better of the two.

I thought Alexander might have saved Arsenal's first goal.

I'd agree that McGregor is the better keeper, but in saying that, I am much more relaxed at cross balls when Alexander is in goals.

I thought Alexander might have saved Arsenal's first goal.

I'd agree that McGregor is the better keeper, but in saying that, I am much more relaxed at cross balls when Alexander is in goals.

Yep, I think McGregor is a better shot stopper but Alexander is far better at dealing with crosses.

McGregor used to come for them and then for some reason stopped doing that. A decent cross ball in and he is rooted to his line. Doesn't instill confidence.

I am comfortable with either playing for us but feel that Alexander has been the consummate professional and has rarely let us down and deserves his chance to stake his claim.

The power on Petrov's shot should also not be under-estimated. It was a bullet.

Reference the Alexander/McGregor debate, realistically it's all about expediency. If Rangers can attract a bid of around �£2million for McGregor, then he's off. The club desperately need the dosh, they get another player earning in the region of �£25,000 per week off the wage bill, and Alexander is a most able replacement.

The nearer we get to the end of August, then I suspect a few English clubs will begin to bite. Of course, a possible bid might carry the demand that McGregor plays a couple of games for the potential bidder to view. Walter, then has a decision.

The times we live in!

2 million for McGregor is laughable. Not saying you arent right though 26th, but 2 mill is a joke.

The club shouldnt have been offering 25k a week in the first place if they cant afford it. If it means the player leaves then so be it, but the club cannot be held to ransom anymore.

It cripples us financially

2 million for McGregor is laughable. Not saying you arent right though 26th, but 2 mill is a joke.

The club shouldnt have been offering 25k a week in the first place if they cant afford it. If it means the player leaves then so be it, but the club cannot be held to ransom anymore.

It cripples us financially

Craig,

I feel it is increasingly obvious that our club is continually dealing from a position of weakness; hence, why I suspect �£2million is the tipping point for McGregor to walk down the marble staircase for the last time.

Reference the club being held for ransom, the last couple of days of this transfer window might just provide the necessary indication of how weak our club is at this moment. Again, it's suspicion on my part and I hope I am wrong, truly; however if a bid of �£1million was received for McGregor and the weekly wage arithmetic is done by Murray/Bain???????

Craig,

I feel it is increasingly obvious that our club is continually dealing from a position of weakness; hence, why I suspect �£2million is the tipping point for McGregor to walk down the marble staircase for the last time.

Reference the club being held for ransom, the last couple of days of this transfer window might just provide the necessary indication of how weak our club is at this moment. Again, it's suspicion on my part and I hope I am wrong, truly; however if a bid of �£1million was received for McGregor and the weekly wage arithmetic is done by Murray/Bain???????

I'm sure some of they bean-counter guys could turn it into a �£3m transfer fee, once they take account of the savings in salary, a bit of VAT etc.....