'Setting The Standard' Project Moves Forward

Yeah, as ever, we can only hope rather than expect.

However, that shouldn't be used as a reason not to try for better. I think we've achieved a few small things so far with this so its been worthwhile. Much more needs to be done though.

Yeah, as ever, we can only hope rather than expect.

However, that shouldn't be used as a reason not to try for better. I think we've achieved a few small things so far with this so its been worthwhile. Much more needs to be done though.

Couldnt agree more. At least it has been recognised by the club and that is no small feat in and of itself.

Lets put it this way, the removal of SDM from the day-to-day will not hinder the prospects of this project, I suspect.

The following fanzines/sites/people were invited to the Q&A via their contribution to STS (in alphabetical order):

Do the Bouncy/Vital Football

GersForum

Gersnet

No1 Fanzine

RangersMedia

STS Report Contributors

Vanguard Bears

Follow Follow was invited to join the project previously and didn't reply. That is disappointing but their decision.

i wouldnt want them involved as they banned me for quoting from the report.

Gisabeer,

I felt it prudent to invite them as FF is still a hugely important and influential part of the Rangers community and it was my intention to involve as many people as possible to develop relationships.

Unfortunately, they're not interested but we'll move on just as effectively without them I'm sure.

Good stuff Frankie.

Would it be possible for the Assembly to share the jist of the Sandy Jardine presentation on scouting etc? Noting they are "happy" with what's going on, I think it would be of wide interest if this was passed onto the fans.

Agreed. There were other fan groups present as well so I'm surprised this hasn't made its way into the public domain so far. Perhaps some of the strategic info needs to be kept private?

I doubt that so I'd imagine more information may form part of their new website but if it doesn't (or that continues to be delayed) I'll certainly be asking for more in-depth info as it is that kind of open presentation response that I'd like to see from the club on certain issues.

We all know some recommendations/suggestions are not possible but sometimes we want to know why not in a more in-depth fashion. That may enable us to investigate other opportunities or concentrate our efforts on workable stuff.

Thanks for answering my points Frankie. Gives me a clearer idea of what's going on. Though being able to attend any meetings would facilitate that more easily.

I think the real questions we as a fanbase have about STS will be answered when we transfer from the RSA focused debates to actually getting the club involved with the points they decide to take further.

On first reading I noticed the comment about scouting and meant to ask about that so glad Big Spliff did. Would certainly be interesting to hear more about that.