Rothen made out to be a 'cheat' by The Sun...

You couldn't make this up.... Yet again knuckle draggers within the rotten ranks of the Scottish media circus are twisting things to suit a very very specific agenda.

Fresh off the back of the hypocritical situation Celtic FC found themselves in this week following the Eduardo & McGeady diving incidents, The Sun newspaper are today publishing an article entitled "I was a dirty Rothen cheat" written by David Barnes. The article is accompanied by a photo of Rangers Football Club's new left sided midfielder Jerome Rothen with the caption "SCOUNDREL ... Rothen" underneath the image of the Frenchman proudly holding up his new Rangers jersey. The article itself is a lesson in how to (possibly illegally) fabricate complete & utter lies by sensationally twisting something beyond recognition in order that it fits in with a specific point of view or in this case, agenda. The writer David Barnes opens the slanderous article with the following statement in bold:- "RANGERS new boy Jerome Rothen has admitted he once CHEATED in a bid to land Real Madrid superstar Zinedine Zidane a red card." Now, that is a serious statement Mr. Barnes!! Careful you don't get your employer sued for slander now, won't you!! Here's the full article from the Sun's website so that you can see exactly why I've said what I have about this rotten article -

RANGERS new boy Jerome Rothen has admitted he once CHEATED in a bid to land Real Madrid superstar Zinedine Zidane a red card.

As the French midfielder prepares for a career at Ibrox his revelations in his autobiography are an embarrassment as SFA chief Gordon Smith vows to clamp down on simulation.

Rothen admits he looked to con the referee and land Zidane in the mire when playing for Monaco against Real in a Champions League quarter-final in 2004.

He said: "I managed to nick the ball off Zidane and started a counter-attack when I heard the sound of him coming back at me.

"His tackle from behind got my ankle and I went over.

"I wasn't really hurt but, seeing there were only a few minutes to play, I collapsed like a poor film actor and put on how painful it was.

"That was fair enough. Anyone would act like that in those circumstances.

"Zinedine leaned over and said 'Get up, you son of a whore'."

In his book You Are Not Going To Believe Me Rothen added: "I know some people will believe I am the guilty one in this affair.

"They'll say I didn't have to put things on by collapsing on the turf, but I'm no more guilty than Zinedine when he head-butted Marco Materazzi in the World Cup Final on the pretext he'd insulted his sister."

SFA chief Smith was a central figure in alerting UEFA to the behaviour of Arsenal striker Eduardo, now banned for two games for a Champions League dive against Celtic.

Now Rangers loan winger Rothen will face scrutiny when his Ibrox career starts in earnest.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/2621462/I-was-a-dirty-Rothen-cheat.html

How sports articles of such poor quality, agenda driven bias & containing such obviously slanderous statements manage to make it past the editorial stage & into print is simply staggering. Welcome to the Republic of Scotland Jerome! :(

Edited by Zappa

Incredibly, the same rag apparently published a virtually identical article yesterday except that it didn't have the 'cheating' slant. Do you think they're trying to get a message across to their Scottish readership?

Rothen is saying ZZ did clip his ankle. How's that cheating?

How many times have players went down rolling about the turf like they've been been shot be a sniper?

The article is hardly something we don't already know ha[pens in football.

Again, trying to make the good name of Rangers look bad.

No wonder Liverpool fans don't buy this filth.

Why is every single media outlet in Scotland now turned into an enemy of our club ?

From papers,to tv and radio everything we do is negativly reported on

and overshadowed at every oppurtunity to make the mhanks look brighter

I seriously hope our new chairman has the balls to stand up for the club and bring these gutter dragging journos and media monkeys to task and ban them from reporting on anything from Ibrox and then maybe they might learn.

I am so sick of the anti Rangers papers this wee country has to offer us surely there is a happy medium somewhere out there ?

The Sun is TRASH. Don't buy it.

Blatant muck-raking when the guy hasn't even kicked a ball here yet. Oh yeah. let's read his book, see what we can get. Oh look, something about play-acting an injury. Oh cool, we can link this to the Eduardo/McGeady stuff and turn this into a "story"

It's pathetic.