Give me transfer funds or I'll quit club

On the day of our new chairman's first media address and what do the Rebel print. A non-story, 100% completely made up, taking 2 and 2 and making 1888, hinting that the manager may walk away if he is not given funds.

James Traynor has become the highest paid shit-stirrer in Scotland. This article (cough) appears to be complete lies. The title - "Walter Smith warns Rangers: Give me transfer funds or I'll quit club", is not backed up with any proof, nor are half of the other statements in the article. The fact that guys like Traynor get paid for such blatant trouble making never mind get away with it is completely sickening. The only reason rags like the rebel are getting away with publishing tripe like this on a regular basis is that our club's lawyers aren't being told to do anything about it. I think on the whole, the Scottish media knows fine well that our club can't afford to be taking legal action against media corporations & the editors basically aren't worried about printing lies or false information, so they have a completely free hand.

James Traynor has become the highest paid shit-stirrer in Scotland. This article (cough) appears to be complete lies. The title - "Walter Smith warns Rangers: Give me transfer funds or I'll quit club", is not backed up with any proof, nor are half of the other statements in the article. The fact that guys like Traynor get paid for such blatant trouble making never mind get away with it is completely sickening. The only reason rags like the rebel are getting away with publishing tripe like this on a regular basis is that our club's lawyers aren't being told to do anything about it. I think on the whole, the Scottish media knows fine well that our club can't afford to be taking legal action against media corporations & the editors basically aren't worried about printing lies or false information, so they have a completely free hand.

The club don't have to take legal action. It's easy enough for them to ban specific journalists, eg Spiers or if things get bad enough, their newspapers.

Murray has not had the balls to do this, perhaps for personal reasons, and this allows the press free reign.

Celtic and Lawwell have taken a different approach and the press think twice before printing negative Celtic stories.

"There is more to it than just signing a new contract."

"There are discussions taking place on what direction the club is going."

It is these two quotes from Walter that has been the basis for the story. How on earth can you get "Give me transfer funds or I'll quit club" from those two statements.

Surely if anyone cared at the club, this story would have been retracted by now, and an admission that they have no foundation for the story, and that they apologise.

Bain's reaction is if you dont like it, dont read it. If the story is nothing personal about the ex-chairman, then I dont care.

Bain's reaction is if you dont like it, dont read it. If the story is nothing personal about the ex-chairman, then I dont care.

It is frankly scandalous that Rangers have only ever reacted to negative stories in the mhedia when they have directly implicated Murray, or indirectly, as in when he sold out on TBB for a knighthood.

I think the transfer budgets quite a few seasons have been arbitrary and ad hoc. I think we need a set aside a set basic budget every year with maybe a bonus amount depending on our financial performance the previous season. The manager then knows in advance what he can spend and allowing him to carry over any unspent money to the next season.

Under exceptional circumstances he should also be allowed to "borrow" some of the budget from the next season.

Going from 11M to 0 in successive seasons is becoming normal and destabilising the manager's position and his attempt to build a competitive squad.

Walter also shares the blame for overspending on players who didn't make the grade in an already bloated squad - Velicka being a typical example.

An actual budgeting system and procedure needs to be put in place rather than the year to year whims of the chairman.

I think the transfer budgets quite a few seasons have been arbitrary and ad hoc. I think we need a set aside a set basic budget every year with maybe a bonus amount depending on our financial performance the previous season. The manager then knows in advance what he can spend and allowing him to carry over any unspent money to the next season.

Under exceptional circumstances he should also be allowed to "borrow" some of the budget from the next season.

Going from 11M to 0 in successive seasons is becoming normal and destabilising the manager's position and his attempt to build a competitive squad.

Walter also shares the blame for overspending on players who didn't make the grade in an already bloated squad - Velicka being a typical example.

An actual budgeting system and procedure needs to be put in place rather than the year to year whims of the chairman.

Hopefully the new chairman will assist in that regard. The FD also bears responsibility though.