Club Deck Loyal

WS tells them to not control the ball properly ? To not make simple 5 yd passes ? To not pass an move ?

Personally I doubt that.

He does tell them to play defensively against teams like St Johnstone, Killie, Aberdeen etc. He does pick the team and tactics. He probably has an input in training. He does choose to play LM at CB. He does choose to overlook the youth players in favour of playing experienced players out of position.

He does tell them to play defensively against teams like St Johnstone, Killie, Aberdeen etc. He does pick the team and tactics. He probably has an input in training. He does choose to play LM at CB. He does choose to overlook the youth players in favour of playing experienced players out of position.

You sure he tells the team to play defensively against any of those teams ? I am not.

Yes he picks the team and tactics, you sure that the team are playing to those tactics ?

LM hasnt let him down at CB yet has he ?

We are top of the league, in the CL, won the double last year, won both cups the year before, lost the league in part due to fixture congestion, made the UEFA final..... I think overlooking youth and playing players out of position has served him quite well, wouldnt you agree ?

FWIW, I actually dont believe that WS is trying to get his team to play negatively (European ties aside). Pre-season we were playing far more expansive football and I felt we were trying to play that way at the start of the season - but we seem to have lost our way a bit.

But to suggest that the players are only 1% to blame for their own performances is hard for me to get their head around.

You sure he tells the team to play defensively against any of those teams ? I am not.

Why do we play so defensively then? Why do we create very little chances? Are you saying that hasn't got something to do with the way the team is set out to play?

]Yes he picks the team and tactics, you sure that the team are playing to those tactics ?

If I was a manager and the players I selected didn't adhere to my tactics, I'd drop them. He doesn't do that.

LM hasnt let him down at CB yet has he ?

Other than the Hearts game you mean?

We are top of the league, in the CL, won the double last year, won both cups the year before, lost the league in part due to fixture congestion, made the UEFA final..... I think overlooking youth and playing players out of position has served him quite well, wouldnt you agree ?

If he chose the youht players at the end of the UEFA Cup Final season then maybe, just maybe the season would've turned out for the better. His reluctance and ignorance to choose players who were fresher maybe have rewarded him. It couldn't have turned out any worse than it did, in the SPL anyway.

FWIW, I actually dont believe that WS is trying to get his team to play negatively (European ties aside). Pre-season we were playing far more expansive football and I felt we were trying to play that way at the start of the season - but we seem to have lost our way a bit.

Playing attacking football during pre-season is great so why not continue with it? Personally, I think WS goes out with the mentality and attitude of not conceding and we'll hopefully nick a goal.

But to suggest that the players are only 1% to blame for their own performances is hard for me to get their head around.

OK, maybe 2%. ;)

These organised supporters groups in the stadium are about all that stand in the way of total silence on matchdays. God knows how any of them maintain any enthusiasm in the face of the product being served up on the park and I take my hat off to the lot of them.

I also see little mileage trying to differentiate between players and management when it comes to responsibility for the awful displays being offered up. Management and players are simply two parts of the same whole, they either succeed together or fail together. IMHO our tactics and preparation are dreadful and the individual and collective performances are equally dire. Blaming one at the expense of the other simply clouds the issue.

While we might (will!) argue about how we got here, we are where we are and the only thing that matter is how we get out of this hole. What won't help is trying to focus blame on only players or only management. The whole club is riven with decay and indecision, top to bottom, and unless that is dealt with at the very highest level there will be no improvement. A new owner with a big new broom, and the right broom at that, is all that we can hope for - otherwise we can have no hope for better management or performances on the field of play.

Walter Smith obviously does his best. Lee McCulloch would like to be seen as a fantastic player, as would the rest of them. They don't set out to fail or play badly. However, we've watch this long enough now to know that this management and these players cannot and will not serve up what we want to see.

That is a shame to hear. When I still had my season ticket I was sat right near TBO. If it wasn't for them the stadium would be like a library. Latterly the likes of the CDL performed the same role in other parts of the staidum. As has been suggested would be good if they joined other singing sections.

When the club deck loyal was starting out i fell out with the leader of the group and a few others inside it, alot of confusion going around and i felt hard done by !

Anyway over the last few seasons they had some terrific banners at Ibrox.

Sorry to hear what has happened, although very good gesture that they are donating their banners to The Blue Order, also with their remaining funds have donated that kindly to Erskine.

A few pictures from myself of the CDL

5419593265a8516507023l.jpg

5419593265a9538909486l.jpg

5419593265a9538925688l.jpg

5419593265a6990503365l.jpg

5419593265a9575128659l.jpg