*Latest Rangers Statement*, From London Stock Exchange

Things are happening folks!!!!!

THE Board of Directors of The Rangers Football Club plc ("Club") is aware of the recent speculation and various comments in the media over the weekend.

The Club's board has been advised by its principal shareholder, Murray International Holdings Limited ("MIH"), that it is considering options regarding its shareholding in the Club and this may or may not lead to MIH disposing of some or all of its stake in the Club to a third party.

These considerations are still at an early stage and may or may not lead to any offer for the issued shares of the Club.

The directors of the Club will keep shareholders advised of key developments.

In accordance with Rule 2.10 of the City Code on Takeovers and Mergers, the Club announces that, as at the close of business on 26 October 2009, it has issued share capital of �£10,879,150.

The share capital is represented by 108,791,499 fully paid-up ordinary shares of 10 pence each. The ISIN reference of the Club ordinary shares is GB0007237380.

Dealing Disclosure Requirements

Under the provisions of Rule 8.3 of the Takeover Code (the "Code"), if any person is, or becomes, "interested" (directly or indirectly) in 1% or more of any class of "relevant securities" of the Club, all "dealings" in any "relevant securities" of that company (including by means of an option in respect of, or a derivative referenced to, any such "relevant securities") must be publicly disclosed by no later than 3.30 pm (London time) on the London business day following the date of the relevant transaction.

This requirement will continue until the date on which the offer becomes, or is declared, unconditional as to acceptances, lapses or is otherwise withdrawn or on which the "offer period" otherwise ends.

If two or more persons act together pursuant to an agreement or understanding, whether formal or informal, to acquire an "interest" in "relevant securities" of the Club, they will be deemed to be a single person for the purpose of Rule 8.3.

Under the provisions of Rule 8.1 of the Code, all "dealings" in "relevant securities" of the Club by any potential offeree company or by the Club, or by any of their respective "associates", must be disclosed by no later than 12.00 noon (London time) on the London business day following the date of the relevant transaction.

A disclosure table, giving details of the companies in whose "relevant securities" "dealings" should be disclosed, and the number of such securities in issue, can be found on the Takeover Panel's website at http://www.thetakeoverpanel.org.uk.

"Interests in securities" arise, in summary, when a person has long economic exposure, whether condition or absolute, to changes in the price of securities. In particular, a person will be treated as having an "interest" by virtue of the ownership or control or securities, or by virtue of any option in respect of, or derivative referenced to, securities.

Terms in quotation marks are defined in the Code, which can also be found on the Panel's website. If you are in any doubt as to whether or not you are required to disclose a "dealing" under Rule 8, you should consult the Panel.

The directors of The Rangers Football Club plc accept responsibility for this

I hope so as like the rest of the fellow bears, its breaking my heart not knowing was going to happen to our club and when i picked up the evening times tonight and saw the front page plastered with Administration! and " You've got hours to save Rangers... my heart sunk and i almost felt like bursting into tears :(

I hope so as like the rest of the fellow bears, its breaking my heart not knowing was going to happen to our club and when i picked up the evening times tonight and saw the front page plastered with Administration! and " You've got hours to save Rangers... my heart sunk and i almost felt like bursting into tears :(

Typical tabloid sensationalism preying on the fact that we, the fans, don't know the full story and therefore speculating wildly. Trouble is, for them, with so much happening in such a short space of time, they've been caught out.

From what I can gather, this doesn't mean there's a definite buyer. It could mean that Murray is trying to flush out a buyer. I'd be surprised if someone doesn't jump on the chance to buy Murray's shares at this price, but since I'm not in the money game, I might be misunderstanding what's going on with the 10p share thingamybob. :D