Predictions - Unirea v Rangers

I think we'll draw 2-2...

Really hope we play 4-4-2; Boyd is our best striker right now (even in terms of leading the attack and linking the play) so he must start with someone supporting him.

Unfortunately with Lee McCulloch fit again, it is more likely to be a return to 4-5-1. :(

I don't really get the predictions for us losing. If you're wrong, you look a bit of an arse. If you are right and take any pleasure from it, you look a bit of an arse. So you have to wonder what the motivation for such a prediction is.

I don't really get the predictions for us losing. If you're wrong, you look a bit of an arse. If you are right and take any pleasure from it, you look a bit of an arse. So you have to wonder what the motivation for such a prediction is.

Because that's what they think the score is going to be... :confused:

What about the fence-sitters like me?

Don't get the over-analysis there mate.... 'Tis only a bit of fun. :spl:

Because that's what they think the score is going to be... :confused:

What about the fence-sitters like me?

Don't get the over-analysis there mate.... 'Tis only a bit of fun. :spl:

That's the point - how can predicting a loss possibly be fun? It might be something you'd do if someone put a gun to your head and said they'd shoot you if you get it wrong. Nobody is doing that so really, what fun can you get out of predicting a loss and getting it right?

Whatever happened to a positive thinking from a "supporter"?

Being right can be fun, but I don't see how in this case. As a supporter, I would have far more fun predicting a win and getting it wrong than predicting a loss and getting right. Give me a neutral game and it's a different story.

Fence sitters like yourself probably think we're going to lose but would take no pleasure in saying so.

The thing is, no-one can know the outcome of this game, so why be so negative? Why support a team at all if you can't get positive about it?

You might think we're going to lose but there is something strange in my opinion, about publicly predicting it. I just don't know what the point is in being a Negative Nancy.

I wasn't surprised that Gazza or Norris predicted a loss. :fish:

I'm really quite confident that our players will want to win convincingly in Bucharesti, so if they show it on the park & play well for 90 mins I don't see why we can't win by a couple of goals. Unirea haven't been beaten in Romania since our last meeting right enough. They've had an away 0-0 draw & just won their latest home game 3-2 at the weekend. Their league is scarily tight btw. Unirea are in 7th place, but only 1 point behind the league leaders! :eek:

Negative Nancy! :D :D

I'm pretty positive when it comes to the club but like to think I also have a reasonably realistic outlook when it comes to judging our chances on a game-by-game basis (or looking at the generic situation). Unfortunately, on the pitch, I've not seen anywhere near enough quality or consistency this season - or tactical master-strokes by the manager - to warrant thinking we're going to win. However, I do think we've improved slightly in recent weeks and look a bit more dangerous going forward. As such, on this occasion I'm reasonably confident of a good result but still unsure we'll have the belief or strategy to win the match.

Not only that, if I thought were were going to lose a game, I'd quite happily say so. You're right in suggesting there isn't much pleasure in doing that, and definitely take no pleasure in being proved right. However, I also wouldn't find pleasure in blindingly backing the team while ignoring the problems.

It would be a boring world if everyone went about with a smile on their face and had the same opinion. And that's what forums are about - opinions. If that means we disagree on occasion then I'm all for it as that is healthy and that is fun!

:cool:

Edited by Frankie

Seriously?

I don't tak eany pleasure out of getting it right (if I did guess the correct score) nor do I take any pleasure in predicting a defeat. I'm doing it because of our current form.

It's not rocket science!

Edited by Gazza_8