Predictions - Unirea v Rangers

I Reckon we are going to pull it off tomorrow

its live or die tomorrow and we are the better team

Walter must restore the teams European Pride against Unirea a very average team.

I think we will go for it from the start.

So for me

Unirea 0 - 5 Rangers :box:

If they were giving a football lesson last time then to me they were teaching how to give away the ball away cheaply as they were certainly slightly better than us at it.

To be honest, I think we gave them a lesson - how to score a deflected goal. Unfortunately, they are incredibly fast learners.

Apart from those very freaky goals there was very little between the teams and only one well taken goal.

What we really learned is that we have to take our penalties and be careful with deflections. The one other thing we could learn is how to fire the same kind of cross or shot that caused the goals as that guy was always dangerous. We maybe also need to learn to deal with them.

I must have watched a different game from some as although we didn't play that well, when it came to main football of the match, we looked slightly better. When it came to the luck we had some, then shot ourselves in the foot and then they trumped us totally in the luck stakes.

Basically we were dealt a crap hand that night rather than dealt much of a lesson.

I Reckon we are going to pull it off tomorrow

its live or die tomorrow and we are the better team

Walter must restore the teams European Pride against Unirea a very average team.

I think we will go for it from the start.

So for me

Unirea 0 - 5 Rangers :box:

Love your confidence !!

1 day away from another champions league game, i'm excited !!

Maybe the first game we never knew much about them, maybe taken them a bit lightly etc. I think the management and players want to sort out what happened the other week, i hoping for a 4-4-2 with vengance on the cards !

Come On The Rangers !!

Lets get our european campaign back on track, we can win away to this mob then beat Stuttgart who are as bad as us, then we are in the last 16. Just think of the cash Walter, 4-4-2, you know it makes sense !!

If they were giving a football lesson last time then to me they were teaching how to give away the ball away cheaply as they were certainly slightly better than us at it.

To be honest, I think we gave them a lesson - how to score a deflected goal. Unfortunately, they are incredibly fast learners.

Apart from those very freaky goals there was very little between the teams and only one well taken goal.

What we really learned is that we have to take our penalties and be careful with deflections. The one other thing we could learn is how to fire the same kind of cross or shot that caused the goals as that guy was always dangerous. We maybe also need to learn to deal with them.

I must have watched a different game from some as although we didn't play that well, when it came to main football of the match, we looked slightly better. When it came to the luck we had some, then shot ourselves in the foot and then they trumped us totally in the luck stakes.

Basically we were dealt a crap hand that night rather than dealt much of a lesson.

Have to agree here, I remember sitting @ Ibrox thinking even @ 3-1 we could get a draw!!!!, now IMO on the night they were very lucky, we were very unlucky but did capitulate which made the result even worse, but there is no doubt in my mind that we are more than capable of going to Romania and getting the right result.

I agree they are capable of giving us a doing - but with our form and injury crisis, the same could be said of any half decent team. However, at the top of our game and maybe taking a bit more luck, we're just as capable of giving them one.

I think (or maybe just hope) the players are ready for a backlash for the last two CL games. They should be fired up and I feel they are due a good result as they've played pretty well for large parts of all three previous games.

I'm confident of at least a draw but think optimistically we'll sneak an away win, 0-1 with both sides missing a few good chances.

I'm pretty positive when it comes to the club but like to think I also have a reasonably realistic outlook when it comes to judging our chances on a game-by-game basis (or looking at the generic situation). Unfortunately, on the pitch, I've not seen anywhere near enough quality or consistency this season - or tactical master-strokes by the manager - to warrant thinking we're going to win.

I understand what your saying but when it comes to this game, I really can't see how you can predict the result with any accuracy (maybe against Man U or Barcelona but not this lot), therefore being realistic at an attempt, is a bit of an oxymoron. Realistically could the result not be anywhere form 4-1 to 1-4?

Therefore, trying to slap on "realistic" to a prediction is a bit of an insult to others and basically saying you know something about football that the rest of the world doesn't.

Even in our present state, I think we're realistically capable of getting a result against most teams in Europe - and we already did recently against Barcelona and could have twice if it weren't for them having to resort to blatant cheating to score their first goal - as well as getting to the UEFA final with a team everyone slagged off.

So if, it's patently realistic that we could draw or win, why are supposedly "loyal" fans predicting we'll lose? There is no need nor basis for it bar pure pessimism - unless people have a really pedantic obsession with being right and think a 3-1 is the most likely score. I would say to the latter, you'll be right far more often if you restrict your predictions to dead certainties and probably best stay away from football.

It's also insulting to the team, management and support. Imagine you were in some competition where you had a pretty decent chance of winning a match and your family and friends told you they expected you to lose? What would you think of them and their "realistic" excuse? Aren't Rangers supposed to be some kind of family?

Is that kind of mental capitulation really something that Rangers are about? So often these days, the cries of WATP and No Surrender just seem a bit hollow...

With the greatest of respect I think you're being a bit overly analytical here Cal... :)

Rangers have been pretty poor this season and, bad luck or not, were well beaten in the last game v Unirea at home. As such, while we're also capable of good results in Europe, of course it is realistic to expect we will struggle again tomorrow and it certainly doesn't mean the 'pessimistic' bears amongst us know more or are somehow insulting others.

Moreover, thinking we could lose and posting as much on an internet forum, isn't quite the same as not supporting the club or capitulating mentally. I don't feel overly confident in many games nowadays but in every game I attend, by backing for the team in situ cannot be questioned. The two issues are not necessarily the same thing.

People are only giving their opinion of which they're entitled to. Let's not make an issue of out something that is pretty harmless in the grand scheme of things.