Bucharest & Fuzzy Logic

Sorry but I don't get how anything that Ally McCoist said at the weekend could effect the chances of this happening again other than the remote possibility that the support as a whole would agree with him. In which case it would more likely reduce the chance of a repeat.

Sorry, I wasn't clear enough in what I was trying to say. If the club repeats its inaction and fails to take adequate precautions to prevent the mistreatment of fans then trouble could happen again.

I'll agree that he could have said more (something in defence of the support), but like the rest of us that would have been purely based on hearsay as opposed to the evidence he was able to actually witness.

So McCoist should not have said anything as he did not have the knowledge on what he was talking about? Bain certainly seemed to know that there was inadequate arrangements more than 48 hours previously so McCoist should also have known that.

Perhaps it's just hearsay, but I trust TannochsideBear and don't have any doubt that his version of events is 100% true.

Not very well!

In classical Greece, the democratic structure was such that an elected 'council' of officials were elected each year. It wasn't a few, it was thousands of them, and people seemed to be willing to do one of the many, many jobs on offer. Just about at the 'top' (misleading but near enough term) was a council called the Archons, the primary one of whom was called the Eponymous Archon - that is, the year was named after him. So when I take up my job, instead of season 09-10, we would write, in the Season of Andreasicus Johnstonopolis, Rangers took the treble.

Someone referenced the Athenian democracy in a thread somewhere, sorry. But it is worth looking up as an example of how such ideas can work, obviously in the broadest possible terms.

Not very well!

In classical Greece, the democratic structure was such that an elected 'council' of officials were elected each year. It wasn't a few, it was thousands of them, and people seemed to be willing to do one of the many, many jobs on offer. Just about at the 'top' (misleading but near enough term) was a council called the Archons, the primary one of whom was called the Eponymous Archon - that is, the year was named after him. So when I take up my job, instead of season 09-10, we would write, in the Season of Andreasicus Johnstonopolis, Rangers took the treble.

Someone referenced the Athenian democracy in a thread somewhere, sorry. But it is worth looking up as an example of how such ideas can work, obviously in the broadest possible terms.

Thanks for that. However, ancient Greece was not the democracy it's often painted - it was supported by millions of slaves.:)

Thanks for that. However, ancient Greece was not the democracy it's often painted - it was supported by millions of slaves.:)

that not really true! though i think thats an argument for another thread. whatever the case we fans dont want to be left with a slaves rights in whatever comes next no matter how much recent attention on slavery in athens in exaggerated. :)

You've held the ancient sources in your hands and speak perfect ancient Greek of course. No patronising please, I am the proud owner of a 1st class History degree and am aware how it "works" thankyou. :flipa:

who was patronising? you were the one deconstructing our wee chat and boasting about your degree. :flipa: and i read ancient greek pretty well thanks ;)

Edited by bmck