Gentlemen, one of the reason for me joining Gersnet forum was to inform you of any information I could gleam from my sources in the business community, about the supposed forthcoming real or imagined takeover of our dearly loved Rangers. As I imagined this has turned out to be an extremely difficult challenge, I new from previous business practises there are many tricks one employs to mislead the inquiring individual to stop them from learning too much. But I have been amazed by the number of deliberate misleading and misdirecting tactics, and non-information posted on various forums by unknown individuals. Something is brewing ââ?¬Ë?for sureââ?¬Ë?, I was convinced it was a takeover by an consortium lead by Graham Souness, unfortunately I allowed myself to fall into the very trap of misdirection I knew that was already being placed on these forums. I have heard lately (possible again misleading) ââ?¬Å?that the shit is about to hit the fan soonââ?¬Â what that sentence may be interpreted as is anybody guess. I can only dig more furiously to find out what the ââ?¬Ë?shitââ?¬â?¢ means and try my spoiling tatics, to stop any more bullshit from being passed to you, the uber-fans of our club. Indeed, Has there ever been a takeover in the offing? Or is the status quo to be the outcome of all this non-information. Or is it to be an supporters share scheme allied to our current benefactor going forwards handshake in handshake to a mutual prosperous future. Again at this moment in time who knows, watch this space. WATP

If you take the approach that nothing is going to change in the foreseeable future, or until at the very least the takeover panel kicks in, you should be immune from all bull and people claiming to have an in. Murray is for better or worse controling the situation, with the level of debt MIH has, he has a very big bargaining chip.

I don't doubt there are interested parties in the club however I do doubt they have the finance/plans available (with or without the input of the fans) to firstly buy the club then run it.

That's why we heard the scepticism from the new chairman yesterday so hopefully any potential buyer(s) will take this on board to prove him wrong.

Gentlemen, one of the reason for me joining Gersnet forum was to inform you of any information I could gleam from my sources in the business community, about the supposed forthcoming real or imagined takeover of our dearly loved Rangers. As I imagined this has turned out to be an extremely difficult challenge, I new from previous business practises there are many tricks one employs to mislead the inquiring individual to stop them from learning too much. But I have been amazed by the number of deliberate misleading and misdirecting tactics, and non-information posted on various forums by unknown individuals. Something is brewing ââ?¬Ë?for sureââ?¬Ë?, I was convinced it was a takeover by an consortium lead by Graham Souness, unfortunately I allowed myself to fall into the very trap of misdirection I knew that was already being placed on these forums. I have heard lately (possible again misleading) ââ?¬Å?that the shit is about to hit the fan soonââ?¬Â what that sentence may be interpreted as is anybody guess. I can only dig more furiously to find out what the ââ?¬Ë?shitââ?¬â?¢ means and try my spoiling tatics, to stop any more bullshit from being passed to you, the uber-fans of our club. Indeed, Has there ever been a takeover in the offing? Or is the status quo to be the outcome of all this non-information. Or is it to be an supporters share scheme allied to our current benefactor going forwards handshake in handshake to a mutual prosperous future. Again at this moment in time who knows, watch this space. WATP

So in squaring the Souness/Murray circle you ended up with a dodecahedron?

I'm treating all these "something big is about to happen" rumours just like the silly season for signings in the summer. They have little chance of being true so why bother about them? They are mostly by people who want to pretend they are somehow "in the know" and attract some kind of kudos for it.

If something is going to happen then we'll find out in the fullness of time. If there's a takeover happening in 3 days do we really HAVE to know TODAY?

The problem is that we've been told this so many times in the last month that how can we even know that any real info is real? Most of us have been told the story about the boy who cried "Wolf!"

With players I now wait till we've officially signed someone before believing it and the same goes for any takeover.

I really don't see the need to get even mildly excited about the umpteenth Internet rumour about imminent accidents with animal waste products and air circulation systems.

I for one am going to wait for Christmas day before opening my presents, I'm not going to jump the gun today...

If we are only going to post after the fact events then the forum will be quite boring. Yes there is a lot of bullshit about but surerly that is part of the fun of being on a forum,sifting through the tons of bullshit for the small undigested tufts of truth.

If we are only going to post after the fact events then the forum will be quite boring. Yes there is a lot of bullshit about but surerly that is part of the fun of being on a forum,sifting through the tons of bullshit for the small undigested tufts of truth.

But there is a distinct difference between considered speculation and very vague, unsubstantiated rumour.

The latter gets very boring very quickly and then gets annoying when we hear the same empty news that never happens, every few days. That's not my idea of fun and the mods must agree to an extent as someone has already been threatened with a ban.

I don't come on the forum for tons of bullshit in the news sense, I come on for the considered opinion and debate on what has actually happened, is happening or is plausibly likely to happen. False news doesn't really fit in there.

Basically, I like the signal to noise ratio to be reasonably high, and cases like this I'm using my own Dolby style filters.