A performance like that!

Last nights performance got me thinking - when was the last time we played the way we did last night?

Some may say it was up at Tannadice on the last day of the season to help clinch our 52nd league title. I disagree. That was a brilliant performance but in a different way.

Was it the 4-2 win against Celtic at Parkhead? Possibly, but again, the performance that day didn't come close to last nights either.

I'm genuinely struggling to think of a performance that comes close to last nights, under WS anyway.

I'm open to suggestions though.

4-2 at Celtic last season for me was the best Ive seen in the last 4 years domestically. we were absolutely awesome that day. You have to take into consideration the level of opposition and going to Parkhead is more difficult than Tannadice.

Id say our top 5 in the last couple of years would be:

v Barcelona at Ibrox CL 0-0 - thought we held our own superbly against the cream of Europe that night.

v Hibs away 3-0 win last season.

v Celtic 4-2 win at Parkhead

v Dundee Utd @ Tannadice to clinch the title 2009

v Dundee Utd @ Tannadice 3-0 last night

What about the almost legendary Dundee Utd game under PLG? But that ended in a draw... :fish:

Much as though I see the sarcasm in your post cal I would say the way we played that day was simply incredible. I remember being at that game and felt as if someone had entered the stadium and mugged me with my full knowledge.

If I ever saw a game where a team deserved to hit double figures that would be the game.

You can count on one hand the number of times we have played like that in the 4-5 years I think. Iwas pleasantly surprised. The day we won the League at Tannadice was somthing similar I reckon, but we were better than that even last night. Lets hope it's the first of many performances like it in the weeks/months ahead.