Reading the Rangers v Motherwell preview I noticed there's a lot of users prefer McGregor over Alexander. I'll accept that McGregor was in excellent form before his hamstring injury and saved us more than once this season. However, what were you thinking last season when Alexander stepped in and played memorably after the Boozegate incident which saw WS drop McGregor from the starting XI?

He never put a foot wrong in the run-in and many feel he should've kept the number 1 jersey from McGregor. I was one of those people and it still sticks in my mind how harshly treated Alexander was.

I don't know who is the better keeper. Alexander does what needs to be done, has never made a mistake when playing for us and is always reliable with cross balls. McGregors mind seems to wanger during matches to his next shag on a Saturday night and this has cost us points this season and last. Thankfully, last season we won the league and all was forgiven.

Anyway, I'm an Alexander fan more than a McGregor fan and wouldn't blame him if he decided to leave for 1st team football elsewhere - hopefully a big club in the EPL has noticed his form for us and makes a move for him.

I wouldn't blame him either if he left for 1st team football.He has been unlucky,but it's all about opinions, and IMO McGregor is the better keeper.It will be interesting if somebody comes in with a bid for McGregor,maybe Rangers will accept,leaving Alexander the no1 ?.

Alexander was harshly treated, but not regretfully. McGregor is the better goalkeeper - and I find it comical that so many, back then, wanted Alexander in goals, on more of a moral basis than a football one. Mind you, the same sort of fans wanted us to get Man Utd, Real Madrid and Wolfsburg in the CL :confused:

You pick your best players, even if it means being unfair to some, and McGregor is the best in Scotland right now.

Reading the Rangers v Motherwell preview I noticed there's a lot of users prefer McGregor over Alexander. I'll accept that McGregor was in excellent form before his hamstring injury and saved us more than once this season. However, what were you thinking last season when Alexander stepped in and played memorably after the Boozegate incident which saw WS drop McGregor from the starting XI?

He never put a foot wrong in the run-in and many feel he should've kept the number 1 jersey from McGregor. I was one of those people and it still sticks in my mind how harshly treated Alexander was.

I don't know who is the better keeper. Alexander does what needs to be done, has never made a mistake when playing for us and is always reliable with cross balls. McGregors mind seems to wanger during matches to his next shag on a Saturday night and this has cost us points this season and last. Thankfully, last season we won the league and all was forgiven.

Anyway, I'm an Alexander fan more than a McGregor fan and wouldn't blame him if he decided to leave for 1st team football elsewhere - hopefully a big club in the EPL has noticed his form for us and makes a move for him. Alexander blundered badly by ball watching for the second goal against the mhanks in the 2-1 defeat (last minute goal ) the season before last.

I cant recall mcgregor ever costing us a game. made the odd mistake here and there but they are very few and far between. added to the fact that we lost our first domestic game to the sheep since march then that argument doesnt really stand up.

Edited by gisabeer

To me it is quite simple. They are both good quality goalkeepers.

In my opinion the one thing that seperates them more than anything else is the ability to make saves they have no right to make. Only one of the two keepers can do this.

That is why Alexander is a steady keeper, but when push comes to shove, McGregor can pull off a wonder save. In Alexander's Rangers career I cannot think of any save of his that comes into this category.

Both have their faults, the main ones being McGregor at crosses, and Alexander at shots from outside the box, but it is that something special save that is pulled out from time to time that can be the match-winner/saver that sets them apart.