Who are the leaders of this TA. Please name them so as i can read up on them and make up my own mind what is fact and what is fiction. Are you talking about 5 men who think like that. Who are the TA? I am pretty sure a large number of Scotland supporters also support Rangers, so when they put on a tartan scarf are they then Jekyll and Hyde and hate Rangers. Yes i can imagine that a few Celtic\Aberdeen etc. minded idiots hate Rangers but i am also pretty sure the real Scotland supporters want to see the best players playing for Scotland. I can also imagine someone said they don't want to see Fergie, McGregor and Boyd playing. Hey! Weren't a large number on here saying that about them playing for Rangers last year. Are we only allowed to say things like that? Are Scotland supporters not allowed to talk about players who they think are hurting their team. I have been a huge critic of fergie and Boyd. I didn't want to see McGregor replace Alexander in goal. Just because someone out this supposed tartan army says something like that he is Scum. Come on give us a break.

Pete, there are various branches of the TA and when it was mooted that Levein would get the job they all went on record to give their opinion - now if they are the heads of their branches and go on record then they must, by default, be providing the opinion of their branch members.

I though that they also made statements regarding Boozegate, not sure about Boyd. And, as I say, I could be wrong, hence why I put a "?" at the end of my statement - it was a QUESTION, not a statement of fact. So please dont put words in my mouth that are not there.

Was there not a poll run in Scotland at the time which suggested 85% + did NOT want McGregor and Ferguson back in dark blue ? Would that not be a fair representation of the TA ? Again, I could be wrong as my memory isnt always the best but I was sure that a poll had been run and the vast majority didnt want them back.

As for your comoparison between BF and AM playing for Rangers or not between them playing for Scotland, sorry but that is a complete red herring. Both teams have very different players. Much of the debate on here was whether BF should play for us because he didnt seem to play well beside the likes of Mendes - do Scotland have anyone similar in style to Mendes ? I dont think so - so you are comparing apples and oranges there, IMO.

For the life of me I cant see how we could even possibly be suggesting that Ferguson, Boyd and McGregor would not enhance a Scotland squad. Again, you simply cannot compare what we say regarding Rangers and Scotland. Two very different squads with two very different sets of players with different qualities. Given some of the dross that have been capped by us I dont think there is any doubt that BF, AM and KB would enhance the Scotland squad. I have NO DOUBT at all about that.

Do me a favour pete and dont put words in my mouth. You quote me and then suggest that someone is calling you scum. Point me to where I said that please - never did I say such a thing and I do take offence at the suggestion.

I will, however, stand by my belief that the TA, in general, most definitely have an anti-Rangers bias.

I think anyone who hates a couple of players for drinking and sticking their vicks up cannot in any sense call themselves Scottish in the slightest. More like Mary Whitehousers. I can understand "Boozegate" being a scandal in middle England or the USA, but in Scotland such behaviour is traditionally admired.

At best, such offended people in Scotland are most likely to be complete hypocrites.

Pete, there are various branches of the TA and when it was mooted that Levein would get the job they all went on record to give their opinion - now if they are the heads of their branches and go on record then they must, by default, be providing the opinion of their branch members.

I though that they also made statements regarding Boozegate, not sure about Boyd. And, as I say, I could be wrong, hence why I put a "?" at the end of my statement - it was a QUESTION, not a statement of fact. So please dont put words in my mouth that are not there.

Was there not a poll run in Scotland at the time which suggested 85% + did NOT want McGregor and Ferguson back in dark blue ? Would that not be a fair representation of the TA ? Again, I could be wrong as my memory isnt always the best but I was sure that a poll had been run and the vast majority didnt want them back.

As for your comoparison between BF and AM playing for Rangers or not between them playing for Scotland, sorry but that is a complete red herring. Both teams have very different players. Much of the debate on here was whether BF should play for us because he didnt seem to play well beside the likes of Mendes - do Scotland have anyone similar in style to Mendes ? I dont think so - so you are comparing apples and oranges there, IMO.

For the life of me I cant see how we could even possibly be suggesting that Ferguson, Boyd and McGregor would not enhance a Scotland squad. Again, you simply cannot compare what we say regarding Rangers and Scotland. Two very different squads with two very different sets of players with different qualities. Given some of the dross that have been capped by us I dont think there is any doubt that BF, AM and KB would enhance the Scotland squad. I have NO DOUBT at all about that.

Do me a favour pete and dont put words in my mouth. You quote me and then suggest that someone is calling you scum. Point me to where I said that please - never did I say such a thing and I do take offence at the suggestion.

I will, however, stand by my belief that the TA, in general, most definitely have an anti-Rangers bias.

Sorry Craig i did use your quote but i was really answering to the general consensus that is stated on here regularly. As for the poll i can understand that 85% of people at that time wanted them out i know i did, at that time. If we had done a poll on Boyd about 6 months ago on here would he have got the support that he would get now. The danger with quoting someone with or without actual knowledge is that once it gets passed down the line it is changed a thousand times and fiction becomes fact. As you say now, you think he said something, but the next to pass it on it has become a fact.

Yes i agree we need all the good players but we also have to expect that they will show a certain degree of self discipline. Boyd was not getting a game for Rangers at that time. Gordon was the first choice keeper and probably still will be. Some may argue that Darren Fletcher Kevin Thomson and Scott Brown are better options than BF. I am not saying they are or i think that they are, but people do have a right to that opinion.

There are Radicals on all sides but it does not mean they are in the majority it mainly only means they shout the hardest.

Edited by pete

Sorry pete but we will have to agree to disagree.

If you think for a minute that the people suggesting that the likes of Scott Brown et al (when Boyd was in the squad plenty wanted Fletcher and Iwelumo before him - when neither of them had done much at club level in comparison to Boyd) don't have some form of anti-rangers agenda then we simply can't see eye to eye on this. Boyd had proven himself, the others hadn't. Simple. Yet plenty didn't want him in - sure some Rangers fans felt that way but Rangers fans also felt we had better options at the club. Do Scottish fans honestly think that Fletcher and Iwelumo offered more than Boyd ? Because that was his competition. Anyone thinking those offered more either are anti-rangers or don't know the game - in my opinion of course.

I am a Rangers AND Scotland fan but that still doesn't mean I have to think there is no anti-Gers agenda at the TA. I think it is there for all to see. Every time Scotland had a bad result it was Ferguson's fault. FFS, many of them felt that Scotland not qualifying for the WC was Boyd's fault - let's not blame a completely inept manager, let's blame the one guy who could score for fun but who wasn't called on when we needed a goal. It is as clear as crystal there is anti-Rangers bias within the TA. Sure, it isn't 100% but there are a significant number of TA fans who simply HATE all things Rangers, even when represrnting their country, which is VERY sad !

Have to agree with Craig here. The TA element were in full voice when we went to Firpark earlier this season, booing every Rangers player that was part of the national team's embarrassing displays. It was a sad day imo.

As for Boyd not playing or not playing well for us at that particular time, sorry, but that's a lot of shite! Boyd was the SPL's top scorer last season... as well as the season before that and the season before that, so anyone like George f'ing Burley coming out and publicly saying that 'Boyd isn't doing it at club level' is talking out of their anus! End of story.

I'll add to that by saying that if Burley had played Boyd & Miller up front in a 4-4-2 formation in most of our qualifying games, we'd more than likely be going to South Africa next summer & muppet-boy Burley would have been hailed a hero. Just goes to show.

Craig, sorry you are now mixed up. the tartan army never picked Iwelumo . I am sure like myself most had never heard of him. Scott Brown was never in a position that boyd would be chosen for. I can't really make sense of your post. Maybe you are suffering from the heat or i am suffering from the snow and cold outside. The argument was about the tartan army and not about Burley's crazy decisions. Scotland fans didn't pick the team. They did try and get behind the players the manager picked.

Zappa you must be a millionaire betting on all those certainties. Most international managers say if you are not playing for your club you will not be considered. Again the tartan Army did not pick the team. In my opinion if Boyd would have played the Scotland supporters would have supported him