Glad to see we can have a different opinion.

The fact is you are trying to argue that the TA on a whole are not Rangers haters because you met a couple of Rangers fans supporting Scotland,do you have hard evidence of that ? :).

I have witnessed/experienced/heard the hatred of Rangers players during a Scotland game,I don't have any pics or didn't record it so I don't have hard evidence so you'll just have to take my word for it.

Maybe the fact that you are living in Holland you don't get to hear much of this anti Rangers agenda,however I'm sure you heard the TA booing BF & Shagger when they were out warming up before the Holland game at Hampden,before the two finger salute.

Still, if you think the majority of TA don't hate Rangers, then you are entitled to believe what you want,as there is no hard evidence that you keep harping on about, I have my ears for my hard evidence. And this is not just a new thing,it's been around for years.

Ian i have sat at Ibrox and been absolutely embarrassed by the hate spewed out against our own players. Right from the first minute i heard ***** you are a fucking dick. ****** you are a wanker. Maybe things have changed now but on reading reports on how Hutton took abuse i doubt it.

Ian i have sat at Ibrox and been absolutely embarrassed by the hate spewed out against our own players. Right from the first minute i heard ***** you are a fucking dick. ****** you are a wanker. Maybe things have changed now but on reading reports on how Hutton took abuse i doubt it.

But that is not the same Pete,you'll always get fans slagging their own players because they think they are shit.

You wouldn't have heard them shouting dirty HUN BASTARDS, I've heard that at a Scotland game. On my last post I said about the TA booing BF & Greegs, can you explain that ?. When all this fiasco was going on the radio phone ins were full of TA members looking to hang these guys and a certain person from the TA, Hamish Husband, who is the TA spokesman, said the majority of the TA did not want BF,AM or Boyd back in a Scotland jersey, yet were quite happy to ignore all the other players who were involved in Boozgate !!!

And that is a FACT that is conveniently forgotten Ian. It is well known that other players were involved, including Scott Brown - but the others were swept under the carpet. Now, why would that be I wonder ?

That is obviously your opinion. Many people will have different opinions. Walter smith did.

I can't see any evidence for that in the slightest. Walter Smith punished them for breaking HIS instructions and had absolutely nothing directly to do with the boozing or the SFA. He told them that they had put themselves in the public scrutiny and as Rangers FC players they were to now apologise, toe the line and not cause any more controversy that would bring the club into disrepute. They broke that explicit instruction. I don't know how you could so badly miss that obvious context.

I also felt at the time they should be punished for the V-sign(not boozgate) I agree that a life ban was far to severe.

The V sign was stupid but if it wasn't for the witch hunt against them, and in a better time would have been laughed at and forgotten about. There are plenty of players that have done worse without punishment - like calling people Orange B's and spitting on a fan's scarf.

They shouldn't have done as the furore was pathetically huge and out of proportion.

As for this mystical tartan army that you now mention.

I would guess that you have the names of the organisers and can produce some evidence.

Please not just a website with a handful of tim supporters spewing crap.

I've completely lost you here and don't have a clue what you're on about. By the TA, I meant Scotland supporters and implicitly referencing those that hypocritically condemn the players, as I doubt any of them have higher standards of behaviour for themselves. The same goes for Burley and SFA officials.

To me having a drink without getting pissed, 3.5 days before a game is incredibly responsible for your average Scotsman - admirably responsible in fact. In addition sticking your fingers up while pretending to scratch your face to me is pretty normal behaviour for a young Scotsman.

The sanctimonious furore caused by this behaviour is an embarrassment to Scotland in my opinion. As a nation we seemed to have become a bunch of rock throwing, prudish hypocrites living in a massive glass house and lacking a sense of humour.

Anyway, I think we are actually getting off topic here.

The topic originally was whether Boyd should have given his opinion on it. I still don't see why he shouldnt. Regardless of whether he is high-profile or not he is entitled to his opinion and he is entitled to air it, the same as we do on here.

IMO there is absolutely nothing wrong with what he said. And I would be willing to bet that he didnt just get one side of the story - I bet he heard "from the horse's mouth" about the others involved in Boozegate too.

He was asked his opinion, he gave it. What is the big deal ?

And that is a FACT that is conveniently forgotten Ian. It is well known that other players were involved, including Scott Brown - but the others were swept under the carpet. Now, why would that be I wonder ?

That's my point Craig, is it just coincidence that the players who were hounded out were Rangers players ?, I don't think so. Why any supporters would want there best players out is beyond me and tells me they are not supporters

I can't see any evidence for that in the slightest. Walter Smith punished them for breaking HIS instructions and had absolutely nothing directly to do with the boozing or the SFA. He told them that they had put themselves in the public scrutiny and as Rangers FC players they were to now apologise, toe the line and not cause any more controversy that would bring the club into disrepute. They broke that explicit instruction. I don't know how you could so badly miss that obvious context.

The V sign was stupid but if it wasn't for the witch hunt against them, and in a better time would have been laughed at and forgotten about. There are plenty of players that have done worse without punishment - like calling people Orange B's and spitting on a fan's scarf.

They shouldn't have done as the furore was pathetically huge and out of proportion.

I've completely lost you here and don't have a clue what you're on about. By the TA, I meant Scotland supporters and implicitly referencing those that hypocritically condemn the players, as I doubt any of them have higher standards of behaviour for themselves. The same goes for Burley and SFA officials.

To me having a drink without getting pissed, 3.5 days before a game is incredibly responsible for your average Scotsman - admirably responsible in fact. In addition sticking your fingers up while pretending to scratch your face to me is pretty normal behaviour for a young Scotsman.

The sanctimonious furore caused by this behaviour is an embarrassment to Scotland in my opinion. As a nation we seemed to have become a bunch of rock throwing, prudish hypocrites living in a massive glass house and lacking a sense of humour.

Walter was mad about the v-signs not the boozing although that probably was also taken into account.

I have no problem with the booze thing and agree in general that it was Burley's fault more than the players.

We all agree the V-sign was stupid and deserved a punishment but a life ban was to severe.

As for the TA thing read back if you will i have no puff to start the whole thing again.

But that is not the same Pete,you'll always get fans slagging their own players because they think they are shit.

You wouldn't have heard them shouting dirty HUN BASTARDS, I've heard that at a Scotland game. On my last post I said about the TA booing BF & Greegs, can you explain that ?. When all this fiasco was going on the radio phone ins were full of TA members looking to hang these guys and a certain person from the TA, Hamish Husband, who is the TA spokesman, said the majority of the TA did not want BF,AM or Boyd back in a Scotland jersey, yet were quite happy to ignore all the other players who were involved in Boozgate !!!

How often are Rangers players booed from the field at half or full time at Ibrox. We can all turn incidents to suit our own beliefs. The fact is we were all football supporters born in Scotland and therefore should get behind our national team

How often are Rangers players booed from the field at half or full time at Ibrox. We can all turn incidents to suit our own beliefs. The fact is we were all football supporters born in Scotland and therefore should get behind our national team

HA HA, ok, you believe what you want.

I think we all want Scotland to be doing well, but Ian is right the majority of the TA these days hate Rangers and our players playing for Scotland. They didn't like it much when WS and AM were in charge even though they done well. All they could say was how can leave us in the lurch, money grabbing bastards etc (to put it mildly) when they left..............