When have Rangers ever been difficult to deal with over an outgoing transfer in the last ten years? Of course it would be better to keep him but i guess we'll see what happens

If we want a player or think he's worth something, Rangers tend to do ok in January. Boumsong for 8M, Hutton for 9M, Cousin for 3.5M, Boyd for 3.7M, doesn't sound like easy dealing to me - unless you think they are easy to deal with if you throw loads of money at them - but that's not relevant to this thread.

There's also plenty of times we've kept fringe players when we weren't offered enough in January.

Some are saying the new contract from Rangers, hasn't the banks approval. Do we need it?

If he does want to leave, why now when he can go for free in the summer? Seems a no brainer to me.

Especially as he's recovering from injury - will he pass a medical right now? I think clubs would prefer to wait and see how he recovers.

Especially as he's recovering from injury - will he pass a medical right now? I think clubs would prefer to wait and see how he recovers.

Also Boyd can pocket a few shillings, when his new Club doesn't pay a transfer fee. This waiting till 6 months before the end of a players contract, is not the way to run a football club.

Sunderland have just paid �£2 million for Kilgallon of Sheffield United even though he was out of contract in the summer. Most EPL clubs see anything up to perhaps �£5 million as peanuts. Plus the main advantage of signing him now would be giving him 4 months to bed into the league before next season.

Remember, we are the club who when Marseille refused to pay a fee for Julien Rodriguez (a CL finalist just 18 months earlier) we simply let them take him for free (6 months later he was in the France squad!!) We aren't going to demand a big fee for a player with 6 months left on his contract, rightly or wrongly.

Don't think a medical would make much odds either. Cuellar joined Aston Villa with a broken foot and didn't play for 5 weeks.

Sunderland have just paid �£2 million for Kilgallon of Sheffield United even though he was out of contract in the summer. Most EPL clubs see anything up to perhaps �£5 million as peanuts. Plus the main advantage of signing him now would be giving him 4 months to bed into the league before next season.

Remember, we are the club who when Marseille refused to pay a fee for Julien Rodriguez (a CL finalist just 18 months earlier) we simply let them take him for free (6 months later he was in the France squad!!) We aren't going to demand a big fee for a player with 6 months left on his contract, rightly or wrongly.

Don't think a medical would make much odds either. Cuellar joined Aston Villa with a broken foot and didn't play for 5 weeks.

I still don't think you're acknowledging the difference between a player who is excess to requirements and on e who is crucial to the team.

I think you are 100% wrong, I predict we will NOT sell Boyd for a small fee just because he only as 6 months left on his contract. I just does not make any sense. IF we wanted rid of him (like Rodriguez) you would have a point, but he's crucial to us and so he is very unlikely to leave unless a really silly offer comes in.

I repeat, we may not be able to bring in a large fee for him, but in that case it would be downright stupid to sell him. He is worth MORE to us as a player for the next six months than the �£250k you mention.

Someone may think your car has depreciated to be worth a few hundred quid, but if you really like the car, it's going better than ever, and you don't want to sell it then they'll have to give you a high offer if they want it. If they offer what it is worth then you will probably tell them where to go and keep the car.

I don't think I can put it any plainer. :brick:

AV and B'ham do not need Boyd, why would they spend anything on at best, a squad player, when they can get him for free in the summer.

TBH, I don't even believe Boyd was at the Villa game on Wednesday,I am sure he will stay here until the end of the season,hopefully beyond