Smith Resigned To Losing Young Stars

Wouldn't be totally shocked if Wilson left, felt he was treated with no fairness at all when he excelled in the first team but got dumped when Bougherra's histrionics had faded and he returned to the team.

Fleck has been fair lukewarm - he has much to do to prove his quality.

I doubt Wilson will have been all that bothered when he was left out. He played well in a number of games but a rest wasn't the end of the world for him and we should benefit again now while Bougherra is away.

Definitely need to see more from Fleck - although he is another who has suffered from being played out of position.

Wilson himself stated that he fully expected to be dropped when Bougherra came back in. Said he obviously wanted to play but WS spoke to him and he appreciated it and understood the reasons behind it. So Wilson himself seems comfortable in him being dropped. He also stated that he is just 18, has plenty to learn and plenty of time.

So whilst we can see that he was harshly treated, the lad himself seems to be fine with it. Given the player himself stated this I would actually be surprised if he left right now. Rangers are going to be giving him a platform to play with the country's biggest club and, hopefully, in Europe's elite competition. Perform well there and this lad will have his pick of clubs.... not that he doesnt already. Spurs were watching him at the weekend apparently, but I think he is destined for better things than them !

I can't see where Wilson would expect to go and get first team football at as big a club as we are just now. He's still very young and learning his trade, but surely must see that with our financial difficulties and threadbare squad, he'll never get a better chance to establish himself as a first team player.

Premier League clubs may be interested, but I can't see what he'd have to benefit from going elsewhere at this stage in his career apart from more money.

Mike.

i hope fleck gets half the bloody chance that laugherty has had. i dont think i have ever seen such a poor player in a rangers gersey in all my days and i can talk, i remember gregor stevens!

untill he gets a decent chance we are in no position to judge the boy.

i hope fleck gets half the bloody chance that laugherty has had. i dont think i have ever seen such a poor player in a rangers gersey in all my days and i can talk, i remember gregor stevens!

untill he gets a decent chance we are in no position to judge the boy.

Ah Gregor, takes me back to the days of Richard "Ibrox" Park and his crazy commentaries and even crazier late night show, we have had some "waarmers" at the club, but back then it seemed so much more exciting and fun. If we were not playing for some reason, we were at a game team handed with a cargo...heady days indeed. :)