http://www.gersnetonline.co.uk/2010/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=205:rangers-to-sign-emir-kujovi&catid=1:articles&Itemid=67

After selling Pedro Mendes to Sporting Lisbon and allowing fringe players Rory Loy and Andrew Shinnie to move on loan, manager Walter Smith has moved quickly to supplement his squad. Gersnet believes there will be at least one new player arriving over the weekend but don't be surprised if you see two new names!

First in is 22 year old Swedish forward Emir Kujović who plays for Halmstads BK and the Swedish under 21 side. Emir's older brother Ajsel also plays for Halmstads but his contract won't be renewed.

As soon as we hear about the second player, we'll update the site if and when a second transfer happens.

UPDATE: This story was reposted on Newsnow for reasons beyond our control today (01/02/10) and none of the information we posted on Friday has changed. Since then Sky Sports, stv and BBC Scotland have reported on the story but it appears our earlier confidence about the young Swede arriving may have been misplaced. All eyes on SSN tonight then until the window closes at midnight!

:)

Edited by Frankie

Cheers Frankie , cant find much on him , to be honest I was hoping for an experienced wide player

Also was their a fee involved for this young guy

Edited by rbr

Not a fan of these 'the new...' labels put on players but found this

The new Edin Dzeko may come from Sweden. Many clubs have moved, among them Lazio and Wolfsburg, who is planning to replace the Bosnian striker, who in June could be sold to Milan.

Emir Kujovic, Halmstadt striker, scored nine goals last year. Under-21 Swedish national team, this 21-year old centre forward is considered one of the emerging talents of Scandinavian football. He resembles Dzeko, in his height and movements.

Lazio: they are looking for a striker to cover the departure of Pandev and to invest in the future and Kujovic is considered a player on which to focus for tomorrow. Halmstadt are asking 1 million euro and will be forced to negotiate, as Kujovic has already let it be known that he wants to play at a higher level.

Offers have also came from Turkey, but the player has clear ideas: "My agent told me that so many foreign clubs are watching me –he told calciomercato.com - it is a good thing, because I want to play at a high level, I'm young, I'm still learning, but I feel ready ".

Then on Lazio: "It would be a great team, a fantastic club. I like the series A, it is close to my game even though there are the best defenders in the world. Am I the new Dzeko? I do not know, I prefer to say that I am the new Emir Kujovic. I know Dzeko but in Sweden I’m compared to Elmander, for example. But I want everybody to know me for who I am, Emir Kujovic

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited by Frankie