http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edin_Dzeko

Milan were heavily rumoured to be buying him. As were Chelsea I believe.

No wonder. Did you see Dzeko's career stats? Cracking striker!! 36 goals in 42 appearances for Wolfsburg last season in what is a very tough league. It's totally unfair to expect the same standard of player in this guy Kujovic when we're supposedly only paying a million euros. Even at the age of 19/20 Dzeko made a move from a Czech team to Wolfsburg for 4m euros. Now Dzeko is only 23, a year older than this Swedish lad, yet Dzeko is probably worth at least 20 million euros & rated as one of the hottest striking talents in Europe. We ain't buying the new Dzeko, that's for fooking certain.

Go back and read my post. I said "unheard of players". Thomson and Whittaker were hardly unheard of or untried at SPL level before we bought them.

I'll give you Edu.

You miss my point.

You call them "unheard of" because YOU havent heard of him. You say that Whittaker and Thomson are not unheard of because YOU have heard of them.

Kujovic may have the same, or better, stature in his homeland that Thomson or Whittaker have in Scotland. That would mean that he would not be unheard of, only to those who are insular and look only to their own country.

Are you missing my point or am I not explaining it clearly ?

No done deal by the sound of it then -

A club from Scotland are reported to have lodged a bid for Swedish Under-21 starlet Emir Kujovic.

The Halmstad striker has already attracted interest from the likes of Lazio and Wolfsburg, but now an offer from the SPL has come in.

But reports are conflicting over the identity of the bidder with Rangers and Celtic both credited with an interest in the 21-year-old.

"I can confirm that there has been an offer placed from Scotland on Emir," his agent Oliver Cabrera told Fotbollskanalen.

"The offer is interesting and Emir is pleased.

"Now it is up to the clubs to agree on a transfer sum then we will see what happens."

Depends on what you call a rabbit.

He's had plenty of unexpected successes.

Starting with goalkeepers, he was the first to recognise we didn't to go outside the club to find a top keeper and gave MacGregor no 1 status. He then plucked an ex-Scottish goalkeeper from a declining career and found a truly excellent backup - something that is very difficult to do for that position.

He also took a young player who was being booed and turned him into a 9M player. He signed Broadfoot on a free to a very cool response from the fans and he's been pretty good for us.

He took a very old defender and made him the bedrock of the team while facing "Dad's army" derision and the guy is still doing a great job for us at 39.

Spotted Cuellar when the whole world had ignored him and what a purchase he turned out to be.

When no-one thought we could replace the Spaniard he found a player almost as good who was an EPL reject in Bougherra.

When we were crying out for a new centre half he filled other positions, sent one out on loan, and chose to rely on a 17 year old as a back up who has played really well for the team.

He inherited a pretty ordinary looking centre half and turned him into a pretty solid left back.

Found Beasley and Edu in the states who are proving to be pretty useful if injury prone.

Plucked Darcheville and Cousin from obscurity and both did fantastically for us at home and in Europe.

Turned a controversial striker into a hero.

Brought back a very unpopular and unrated player, stuck to his guns and now that player is a linchpin in the team.

I think there's a lot of rabbit pulling in there.

The key word was "unknown". Players that are currently playing for us already, or in the SPL or La Liga are hardly unknown. Edu, i'd agree was fairly unknown, but we paid in excess of �£2m so hardly a great return. Beasley was an established international, and has played around 4 good games in the last 18 months.

Darcheville and Cousin could be as disppointing as they were fantastic and never fulfilled their potential at the club, although I accept there's an argument for them.

Bougherra is one that is tending towards it, but had already played in the Premiership and is an established internationalist, so not really unknown.