Statement From Rangers Supporters in Respect of the Protest

Anyone figured out yet who is being targeted in these protests and why, with what objectives? Lloyds, Muir, Johnston, Murray?

To be fair I think it's to anyone who can give us some answer's , it's getting to the point that I just want told the truth no matter how bad it is , as this ,there might be a new owner nah sorry there isn't , we might be able to buy players , nope they are all getting sold , is actually starting to depress me.

I just want the truth , I feel I can handle it and I think I deserve it , no more no less , we are asked every year to cough up for season tickets ( well I did for 18 years ) , we bought debenture's , Blue Heaven scheme's ,we bought merchandise religiously every year by the bucket load , we the majority bought into Murray's amazing " it will be ok on the night " scheme and asked no questions , we turned up well look where that got us .

Not this time we cannot let this go , I would much rather be made to look stupid , get the answers I want and have a club , than stand idly by whilst it get's ripped apart , I know reading this back it appears over dramatic but I just want to know .

To my mind rbr is right that we need information. I also believe there should be open and robust protest, which should have taken place years ago. However, I feel any protest must be directed clearly at the current chairman and his fellow directors. These are the people who owe a duty of care to the wider shareholding community (I'm one) and the supporters in general. These are the people who should be answering any questions. In fact, it's utterly shameful that Alistair Johnston hasn't sought to allay fears or at least offer regular and honest appraisals of the evolvig situation.

I cannot agree with the misguided protests against Lloyds bank or even specifically targeting Donald Muir - at least from what appears to be known so far. What I've read so far about the planned protest hasn't been impressive. What is it about the Rangers community these days that we can't ever seem to get these things right?

To my mind rbr is right that we need information. I also believe there should be open and robust protest, which should have taken place years ago. However, I feel any protest must be directed clearly at the current chairman and his fellow directors. These are the people who owe a duty of care to the wider shareholding community (I'm one) and the supporters in general. These are the people who should be answering any questions. In fact, it's utterly shameful that Alistair Johnston hasn't sought to allay fears or at least offer regular and honest appraisals of the evolvig situation.

I cannot agree with the misguided protests against Lloyds bank or even specifically targeting Donald Muir - at least from what appears to be known so far. What I've read so far about the planned protest hasn't been impressive. What is it about the Rangers community these days that we can't ever seem to get these things right?

I do tend to agree and if this gets us more dialogue with the club then at least it is a start ,but if they think this excuse of a meeting with Bain achieved anything , then god help us if this is the standard of Supporters rep we have

Guest Northampton_loyalist

The protest is not 'anti' anyone. The statement was clear in saying that it is designed to get answers to some very important questions. The people who hold the answers to those questions are primarily the bank and Mr Muir. People are not forgetting Mr Murray in all of this but there is a clear perception that he is no longer the main concern. We can complain loudly about how we got here but at the end of the day, it matters not a jot, we ARE here and the ones at the top of the tree TODAY are the ones that are administering the club. That makes it logical to ask those people to allay fears that are held. If Mr Murray remains as the biggest problem then I am sure you would agree we need to know that, primarily in order to focus energy there.

I would also add, and no disrespect meant at all, there is an email address and there have been calls for help and ideas towards any protests. Have you made your points in an email and offered a better way of doing things? You have every right to comment in the way you have, ie

What is it about the Rangers community these days that we can't ever seem to get these things right?

but you can only really have a complaint if you have offered your version of the 'right thing' to those who are doing something, in my opinion of course. The people who have organised the protest up to this point have done what THEY think is the best thing and they will stand by that but they rely on other people lending their opinions.

I would add, as a final point, that regardless of whether the bank or Muir are actually doing anything wrong, anger directed towards them is perfectly understandable because of the way the fans have been treated through-out this process. If they had been very clear about some fundamental things from an early stage, a protest may never have come about.

The protest is not 'anti' anyone. The statement was clear in saying that it is designed to get answers to some very important questions. The people who hold the answers to those questions are primarily the bank and Mr Muir. People are not forgetting Mr Murray in all of this but there is a clear perception that he is no longer the main concern. We can complain loudly about how we got here but at the end of the day, it matters not a jot, we ARE here and the ones at the top of the tree TODAY are the ones that are administering the club. That makes it logical to ask those people to allay fears that are held. If Mr Murray remains as the biggest problem then I am sure you would agree we need to know that, primarily in order to focus energy there.

I would also add, and no disrespect meant at all, there is an email address and there have been calls for help and ideas towards any protests. Have you made your points in an email and offered a better way of doing things? You have every right to comment in the way you have, ie

but you can only really have a complaint if you have offered your version of the 'right thing' to those who are doing something, in my opinion of course. The people who have organised the protest up to this point have done what THEY think is the best thing and they will stand by that but they rely on other people lending their opinions.

I would add, as a final point, that regardless of whether the bank or Muir are actually doing anything wrong, anger directed towards them is perfectly understandable because of the way the fans have been treated through-out this process. If they had been very clear about some fundamental things from an early stage, a protest may never have come about.

I don't want you to think I simply haven't noticed your post but I really can't summon up the will to offer a sensible response to a post like that. Sorry.

Guest Northampton_loyalist
I don't want you to think I simply haven't noticed your post but I really can't summon up the will to offer a sensible response to a post like that. Sorry.

Fair enough. Thanks for letting me know

Seems the club has offered up a few answers at their quarterly meeting with the Assembly yesterday....

As such, hopefully this is a small sign that they have taken notice of our frustration and have at least tried to address them. Not sure where that leaves this Sunday's protest but I'd imagine the general situation hasn't changed as the rumours never match the official comments.

Seems the club has offered up a few answers at their quarterly meeting with the Assembly yesterday....

As such, hopefully this is a small sign that they have taken notice of our frustration and have at least tried to address them. Not sure where that leaves this Sunday's protest but I'd imagine the general situation hasn't changed as the rumours never match the official comments.

I honestlt dont see any answers as such Frankie , just more confusion and bain appears to have landed Walter a huge one round the kisser , very very poor