Statement From Rangers Supporters in Respect of the Protest

With respect Bluedell, if he is Murray's employee he is looking out for Murrays interests.

With great respect, that doesn't need to be the case.

I am employed by one company and am a director of another, and the 2 companies are competitors. My employers interests are not being looked after when I am acting as a director of the second company.

I think you will find that Muir is a non-executive director Frankie not employed by the club, but employed by Murray, I believe his remit is to report back to Murray and monitor the Rangers boards performance, making suggestions to Murray on how the club can be, for want of a better word improved. My own take is that Muir is Murray's doppelganger at Ibrox.

http://www.icas.org.uk/site/cms/download/AA/Non_Executive_Directors.pdf

Eh, your link is to the ICAS paper:

Non-Executive Directors

Their role and responsibilities in a private company

Rangers is a public company.

Note to wabashcannonball: Must do better. :P

Eh, your link is to the ICAS paper:

Non-Executive Directors

Their role and responsibilities in a private company

Rangers is a public company.

Note to wabashcannonball: Must do better. :P

I am happy to confirm to you that MIH the holding companny of Rangers FC is a Private limited company.

Company number: SC192523

Type of company: Private Limited Company

Country of origin: United Kingdom

Incorporation date: 13/01/1999

http://www.worksmart.org.uk/company/company.php?id=SC192523

I am happy to confirm to you that Rangers FC is a Private limited company.

Company Type Private

Fiscal Year-End June

Sales (mil.) �£63.0

Employees 520

http://www.hoovers.com/rangers-fc/--ID__103144--/freeuk-co-factsheet.xhtml

:)

I am happy to confirm to you that MIH the holding companny of Rangers FC is a Private limited company.

Eh, I think we are all well aware of that, thanks. You're post was about RFC. You posted:

"My own take is that Muir is Murray's doppelganger at Ibrox."

I am happy to confirm to you that Rangers FC is a Private limited company.

Utterly wrong. Your source is guff. I'll give you a clue: The "plc" at the end of The Rangers Football Club plc" stands for "public limited company".

Note for wabashcannonball: "Really must do very much better and must stop questioning boss". :box:

Edited by boss

I'd say that was Mike McGill's remit.

I don't actually see the relevance of whether Muir is or is not an employee.

Noticed that myself. I wonder if the irony dawned on wabash before posting the link?

On another note, and to defend wabash to an extent, one of the purposes of a Non-Exec is to protect shareholder interest and value. And on that basis, his appointment appears to be on the basis of protecting MIH as the majority shareholder.

Edited by stewarty

Noticed that myself. I wonder if the irony dawned on wabash before posting the link?

On another note, and to defend wabash to an extent, one of the purposes of a Non-Exec is to protect shareholder interest and value. And on that basis, his appointment appears to be on the basis of protecting MIH as the majority shareholder.

I'd say that he was functioning as an executive director, rather than a non-exec, not that it makes that much difference.