Rangers 3 - 0 Hibernian - Player ratings and MOTM.

My ratings would be:

McGregor - 6. Didn't have much to do but looked edgey with the Zemmama shot.

Whittaker - 8.Best performance from him this season and topped off with a cracking goal.

Papac - 6. Struggled to cope with Zemmama in the 1st half. Did better in the 2nd.

Bougherra - 8. Went on some mazy runs and always looked dangerous going forward. Another flawless performance.

Weir - 7. His usual steady self and made some critical interventions.

Davis - 7. Another typical performance from the player of the season.

McCulloch - 6. Won the tackles and played the easy pass.

Thomson - 7. Probably Thomsons best performance this season. Looked sharp and hustled all game.

Beasley - 5. Looked out of sorts and a far cry from his performances in December.

Boyd - 6. Did nothing yet scored again. Typical Boyd. Idiotic booking.

Miller - 6. Well taken goal, won the penalty but didn't really do much else. Seems to do the hard things well but messes up the easier things.

SUBS:

Lafferty - 7. Probably his best performance this season. Looked dangerous cutting in from the left and a great touch to setup Whittaker. Let's hope he can keep it going. More of the same please.

Novo - 6. Didn't really do much. A typical performance from the wee man.

My man of the match is.....

:sw:

Followed closely by

:mb:

Followed closely by

:kt:

:D

Just one thing to add about McCulloch. He needs to stop trying Roy of the Rovers shots from 35 yards. The poor guy's at the back of the Broomloan and Govan stands were shiting themselves.

Great im safe then im in the main stand rear woohoo :)

Wouldn't have given Novo & Miller the same rating when only one of them scored and created a goal.

I thought Novo did well when he came on and his overall play was better than Miller's - hence the same mark given Miller's penalty contribution and late goal.

Just one thing to add about McCulloch. He needs to stop trying Roy of the Rovers shots from 35 yards. The poor guy's at the back of the Broomloan and Govan stands were shiting themselves.

When McCulloch joined, I was actually quite pleased about his long range shooting as its something we'd missed for a few years. Which is a strange thing to say, but really, I think we went through a good 3 or 4 seasons without anyone who'd regularly try their luck from outside the box.

I thought Thomson came on to a game as time went on yesterday, but Bougherra was excellent throughout so I think he'd get my MOM with a special mention for Whittaker who again showed that he's one of most comfortable on-the-ball players we have a the club just now.

I definitely think we should be starting with Novo against Celtic and just get right in about them from the off. He did well again yesterday and lifted the tempo of the game.

Mike.

Edited by ascender

I thought Bougherra played well also but I'd like to highlight Davie Weir's contribution to that. Not only was he superb himself but his positional play, organisational qualities and reading of the game allows Bougherra the freedom (and confidence) to get forward when hardly any central defenders in Scotland do the same.

Weir's consistency and quality since he arrived here have been quite incredible. On this season's form there is no reason why he should retire in the summer.